Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dgoul2
Beginner

ERRO E8 DX58SO2

PLACA MÃE DX58SO2 NÃO DA VIDEO APOS TER DADO UM ERRO E8 JA TROQUEI TODOS COMPONENTES E NADA FICA PISCANDO UMA LUZ VERDE DE INICIALIZACAO DA MEMORIA PERTO DO BOTAO DE + E - NAO SEI O QUE E O QUE SIGINIFICA ERRO E8? ME AJUDEM

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

You mean DX58SO2, correct?

Doc

dgoul2
Beginner

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Power-On Self-Test (POST) Code E8 is an indicator that it is checking a password supplied by the user. This makes no sense.

It is more likely that you are seeing POST Code EB, which indicates that the BIOS is invoking the Video BIOS provided by the graphics card. Hanging at this POST code is an indication of either an incompatibility between the graphics card and the board or a failure of some sort in the graphics card itself. You may need a replacement graphics card.

If this is the first time trying to use this card with this board, it may be because the card is too new and it cannot operate with a board that only has PCIe 2.0 support (i.e. it requires PCIe 3.0, which this board doesn't provide).

Hope this helps,

..S

dgoul2
Beginner

NAO E CODIGO EB E SIM CODIGO E8 MESMO ISSO SIGNIFICA SENHA NA BIOS DA PLACA MAE É?°

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Ok, let's back up. I need more information.

Is this a new build or is this an existing system that was working but is now having problems? If an existing system, what did you change?

Please list your components. Provide part numbers for all memory, storage, add-in cards (including video) and USB devices connected.

...S