Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Error Occurred on the status of my hard disk

Hello, I have a problem here. This morning, i was restarting my computer and suddenly find out one of my raid 0 hard disk status is displayed as error occurred. the ironic is, my PC is still running like there was no problem. is there anything i should do to make the error occurred back to member disk? any help would be great. thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
VDerk
New Contributor III

If you installed the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) driver in Windows you can use the RST application to check the status, reset errors, verify the raid, etc.

idata
Community Manager

Thanks. now its back to normal.

bcarl4
Beginner

I am suffering from Windows 8 and cannot find the RST utility that will resolve this problem. I get the same screen and was wondering why there is no rebuild utility like HighPoint? I am running a DX79SR with 2x 1tb drives. I boot off a SSD

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Findre,

Could you please provide me more details on the issue you are having? What type of RAID do you have? BIOS version? Software version? etc

Make sure the software version you have installed is the following. This specific chipset (X79) uses the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology enterprise.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22502&ProdId=3449&lang=eng&OSVersion... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22502&ProdId=3449&lang=eng&OSVersion...

Regards.

bcarl4
Beginner

That installation resolved removing the flag off the member in the array. I am not sure that it did anything to fix it, and not sure if it will prevent anything from happening in the future. Time will tell. I had looked for this RST file and could not find it on the intel website before contacting the blog, your link helped.

Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Findre, you will be able to find the software choosing the following options on the downloadcenter.intel.com:

Regards.