Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only

Ethernet drivers

bchandler6
Beginner

I have an Intel DH61WW motherboard. 82579V Gigabit Network connection. I am having issues loosing my internet connection every time it goes into sleep mode. The only way to get my connection back is to restart the machine. I thought maybe if I installed a new driver for my 82579V connection it would cure the problem. Where can I get this new driver?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What O/S are you running? If Windows 10, then you have the latest available installed already.

In BIOS Setup, there is a parameter (in Power section, I think) that allows you to introduce a short delay during the resume process. This capability is there for issues with some 3rd-party graphics cards, but may help with your issue.

Hope this helps,

...S

bchandler6
Beginner
bchandler6
Beginner
bchandler6
Beginner

Can you give me me more information on the BIOS changes that need to be made. I tried several things under the heading of power and none seemed to help.

n_scott_pearson

Sorry, I don't have one of these boards to look at the settings; I am doing this strictly from memory. You are looking for a parameter related to the resume operation which provided a delay to allow things like graphics adapters to complete their resume before the process continued. I thought it was in the Power submenu. I may be misremembering which boards had this parameter, however.

...S

bchandler6
Beginner

Thanks for your help, I'll keep trying.

bchandler6
Beginner

is there any way to contact Intel on this issue?

n_scott_pearson

I have asked them to assign an engineer. They will join into the conversation.

...S

bchandler6
Beginner
n_scott_pearson

Oops, they tell me that they cannot support issues with boards that are (well) beyond their end-of-support dates. Looks like it's just you and me.

They did point me to document Supported Operating Systems for Intel Ethernet Controllers (LOM). It indicates that this Ethernet PHY was supported through Windows 10 1803 (RS4) and was considered an unsupported inbox driver after that - meaning if it works, great, if it doesn't, oh well. Regarding your original question, this confirms my previous response; there is no newer driver to try.

Sorry,

...S