Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

GTX 1650 vs Z68

Mularick
Novice

Hello, after searching and trying several days, i couldn´t find the answer....

Is the Graphics Board GTX 1650 (model GIGABYTE GV-N1656OC-4GD) incompatible with the Motherboard Intel Z68BC?

During boot, no video apears at first time, then it hangs on POST code 51 for a while, then resets... After another bunch of resets, it hangs on POST Eb and shows video BIOS, which i could acess without problems. But no matter what I do (enter BIOS or not), it enters Windows 10 with wrong scaling. Changing display resolution inside Windows doesn´t solve either. 

For a matter of consideration, the drivers are the last ones (verified by Intel Assistance) . 

I have tested the Graphics Board on a Asus P8H67 M Evo motherboard (chipset H67) and boot process works without problems.

My power supply is a Corsair TX850 (far exceeding minimum power requirements) and works with the former Graphics Board (an Radeon HD4850).

Thanks in advance for any clues,

Best regards.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

your Z68BC,  better known as a DZ68BC, is listed below:

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/56461/intel-desktop-board-dz68bc.html

It is often the case of incompatibility.

What is your current bios rev?

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

While most of my testing of Intel's Desktop Board products has been with previous NVIDIA generations, I have found that, in general, MSI cards work well and Gigabyte cards do not. I say NVIDIA because I gave up on ever finding *any* AMD graphics cards that will work. I believe that it is a compatibility issue at the OpROM (UEFI driver) level. Unfortunately, we have never had any BIOS engineers who could debug the initialization process and tell us what the issue actually is.

...S

Mularick
Novice

Hmm, perhaps just a Bios review could solve indeed.... Well, thanks to all of you guys, I`m gratefull for the help.

Bye

Mularick
Novice

I see... well, my Bios version is 04.06.04  (11/07/2012)

AlHill
Super User

That is not your bios version.   The version is a four digit number.

Look in the bios, and provide the bios string.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

@Mularick, that's exactly my point. Intel shuttered the Desktop Boards business in 2013. Ignoring for the moment the fact that the BIOS source code for these boards is in deep archive and very difficult to access, the BIOS engineers who are capable of doing anything with it are long gone. It is unfortunate that these compatibility issues were not detected before the business was shuttered, but that is the reality of the situation.

...S