Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stri0
Beginner

Good Morning. I have a DB75ENBR mobo, and when i actual my BIOS it don't POWER ON more. I try MB_RESET jumper and BIOS_CONFIG jumper, ............. and nothing....... It dont POWER ON nothing..(just light yellow and blue internal LIGTHs).

It is new (0 km). What can I do ? Im waiting, thanks.

0 Kudos
38 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Please describe all of the steps you have taken. What processor are you using? What memory are you using? [Please provide part numbers, not descriptions.]

...S

stri0
Beginner

Please Sir, the rest of machine is not very important, but i say for you: 2 gb memory, I5-3330 INTE Lprocessor. About the steps, no steps result because the machine no powered ON, I just turn on the button and no result. I need to know how I return my original BIOS. Thanks, i´m waiting. (DB75ENBR)

n_scott_pearson

I will be the judge of what is important. Please answer all of the questions.

...S

stri0
Beginner

Good morning 4 u. If u read my last E-MAIL i answered what you ask, independent my opinion.
n_scott_pearson

No, you did not. Fully describe the steps that got you to this point, including all steps attempted to recover from the problem. This should include BIOS release number(s) installed previously and BIOS release number that you tried to install last. If you purchased this board used, begin your description at this point.

You also did not provide part numbers for the DIMM(s) in use.

...S

stri0
Beginner

I think that u know about Manual:   About Jumpers: i SIGN-OFF BIOS CONFIFG jumper, and SIGN-IN MBX_RESET (1,2). Than TURNED ON for several minutes, and after goback BIOS CONFIG (1,2) and socket off MBX_RESET. Then TURN ON.    and NOTHING...

MEM = KVR1333D3N9.

stri0
Beginner

I buy this BOARD new. Unfortunately I was an Update BIOS by Official Site INTEL. Than never more TURNED ON. This BOARD is new, never used.

n_scott_pearson

1. Unplug the machine from A/C power.
  2. Remove CR2032 battery from socket on board.
  3. Wait 15 minutes.​
  4. Ensure BIOS Config. jumper is on pins 1-2.
  5. Reconnect power and press power button.

Hope this helps,

...S​

stri0
Beginner

I did it First (Remove CR2032 battery ) for hours... i did it, but the machine not POWER ON. (for example: The CPU COOLER just flash, but no on). I use this processor, and memory and power in other BOARD.... successfully.

stri0
Beginner

I lost my new BOARD ? because a BIOS UPDATE ? how is possible ?

n_scott_pearson

What BIOS release was on it previously? What BIOS release did you install? How did you install it? From Windows? From BIOS (F7)? From DOS (iFlash)?

...S​

stri0
Beginner

no one local (case, paper, board etc..) says the BIOS RELEASE. My BOARD specifications in case = INTEL DESKTOP BOARD DB75ENBR SERIE EXECUTIVE. It is JUST i know and OFFER to me by DOCUMENTs. And the release of BIOS UPDATE at possible located into the computer, that NO POWER ON.

stri0
Beginner

I was install BIOS from WINDOWS.

n_scott_pearson

First of all, you are almost impossible to understand. From now on, please respond in your native language. Be very verbose in your descriptions, so the translators can do a better job.

First, when you installed the BIOS update, what happened? If it was working and completed normally, it would have rebooted the system once the update was complete and, if you did not intervene, it would have booted right back up into Windows. Did this occur? If not, what did occur? What did you see onscreen as the update was being applied?

When you removed the battery, was the system still connected to A/C power? If so, then the CMOS did not clear properly. Try doing it again regardless.

If you remove the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper from the board, will the board then power on?

If you move the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper from pins 1-2 and place it on pins 2-3, does it act differently when you press the power button?

Remove all DIMMs from the board and then plug one DIMM into the blue connector closest to the processor. What then happens when you power on?

...S

stri0
Beginner

Sir, u dont understand me for all.

I reply all your questions clearly.

Its clear: I said for u, After i installed BIOS UDATE by INTEL  SITE, the machine NO MORE  POWERED ON FOREVER... NO SCREEN, NO VIDEO, NO AT ALL... (((((was working and completed normally == NO, NO , NO,, i said before... NO))))) .

I SAID for u BEFORE, the A/C POWER is OK, connect and ON (yellow light and BLUE light INTO  BOARD is ON)...

The MANUAL (for ALL) in INTERNET SAYS: move the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper from pins 1-2 and place it on pins 2-3, does it act differently when... ???  == NO ACT OCCUR WHEN U CONNECT MBX_RESET, JUST POWER ON for CLEAN.. THIS..... - I HAVE ALREADY ONE DIMM (JUST ONE DIMM). I HAD TEST this DIMM and PROCESSOR in other BOARD, and ITS OK (I said already this before).

NO POWERED ON AFTER BIOS UPDATE by INTEL SITE.... JUST yellow light and BLUE light INTO  BOARD is ON... i said clearly this before...

How u says that i no understand ur language ?   

Sorry if i was rude...

n_scott_pearson

Look, at this point I don't care what the current situation is. I need to understand exactly how you got there. If you want help, please, in fine detail, describe EVERYTHING that you have done so far. The condition of the board when you first received it, all the steps you went through to get into this situation and all the things you have tried​ to recover from this situation.

...S

stri0
Beginner

REALLY i dont know what more u want. Course thet BOARD its OK BEFORE i aplly the BIOS UPDATE INTEL. After the BIOS UPD the BOARD no more POWER ON. I CLICK BUTTON POWER ON and NOTHING HAPPENED. Justo the two LIGHTS into BOARD (Yellow and BLUE).

ja que deseja insistir, vai abaixo em meu idioma.

Realmente eu nao sei o que o senhor deseja. Claro que a PLACA funcionava ok antes de aplicar a BIOS UPDATE da INTEL, apos isso nao ligou mais...EU PRESSIONO o BOTAO de power e NADA ACONTECE. Somente duas luzinhas de dentro da placa, amarela e AZUL. O resto (JUMPs, BATERIA, etc..) ja falei antes..

n_scott_pearson

You haven't provided enough details for me to determine anything. As far as I can tell, you could have interrupted the BIOS update process and corrupted the BIOS as a result. If you don't think that you did this, then get busy and explain exactly what you did and didn't do. Describe exactly what happened during and after the BIOS update process. Describe what steps you have taken to try and recover from this. I fully understand what the situation is now; I do not need you to explain it over and over and over. Tell me what you did, not what you are doing.

If you cannot remember and/or you are unwilling to explain, then there is really no point in continuing this conversation. Since this board is over 7 years old and long past its end of life and end of support dates, you are not going to get any help from Intel Customer Support (these boards are so old that they have no expertise with them). I am the best resource you have available to recover from this situation (if it's even possible) - and you are about to lose me because of your obstinance. You seem to think I am the one being obtuse. I am not; I am looking for more data. Provide it or you've lost me.

...S

stri0
Beginner

Sir, i was write in my language.

Obstinado ? Eu ? Pois eu lhe disse que nao houve interrupção na BIOS UPDATE. Eu nao sei a quais "STEPS" o senhor quer se referir.

Eu nao vou criar situações que nao existiram.

Pay attention:

1. I was executed the BIOS UPDATE by INTEL SITE successfully under WINDOWS
  2. RESTART REQUIRED
  3. THE MACHINE THEREFORE NO MOST POWER ON.. when i PUSH THE power ON BUTTON just the LIGHTS yellow and blue into the BOARD are ON.

Nada alterei de nada (DIMM, PROC, AC, etc,,,,,,,,,)

Sir. qual a parte que o senhor nao entendeu ?

Está me parecendo que como nao existe justificativa para um BIOS UPDATE danificar a BOARD, então ficam repetitivas estas suas observaçoes de que eu nao estou lhe fornecendo os dados necessarios, nao os forneço porque nao existem, nao ocorreram simplesmente.

stri0
Beginner

Vamos manter nossos diálogos a níveis institucionais.

Provide it or you've lost me. Isso foi grosseiro e não ético., se você não quiser passe para outro, ou me diga para abrir ouro chamado com outro. Se Eu estou sendo repetitivo (over and over) é porque você sempre me pergunta a mesmas cousas, e eu so tenho um histórico DO QUE OCORREU que vou repetir abaixo (...I DID...)

Eu também já fui suporte de mainframe desde 1974 (IBM), e sei como não trabalhamos sozinhos, e dependemos de outras áreas.

Já li em vários testemunhos que o BIOS UPDATE trouxe severos problemas a MOTHERBOARDs  e que nem o UNPLUG A/C, REMOVE BATTERY, nem CLEAR CMOS JUMPERs resolveu.

Eu so posso lhe dizer que fiz os passos convencionais.