Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jren207
Novice

Graphics Driver for DQ77KB and Xeon E3-1265L v2

Hi, I've recently built a new system using a DQ77KB desktop board, and a Xeon E3-1265L v2 CPU. The CPU is listed as compatible with the board, and it works perfectly fine. I have installed Windows 7 64-bit on the system, and that works fine too.

The only problem I have is that the graphics driver for the board (HD Graphics Driver for Windows 7), that is available from the download center, says: "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" during installation. I would assume that it is not compatible with the CPU, as in the "Read Me" file, Xeon is not listed. This means that I have to work with default in-box drivers from the Windows 7 Installation.

What I find odd, is that it has exactly the same graphics (HD Graphics 2500) as the i3-3220 (which I am using with another DQ77KB board).

Is there any way to get WDDM graphics drivers to install for this setup?

I appreciate all help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
16 Replies
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi jren207,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems when playing in your system but let me help you with this.

I recommend you uninstalling the current driver and downloading the latest one at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207... https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23405&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207...

If you are still getting the error message, please try the Manual Driver Installation. Here you have the steps to do so:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033915.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033915.htm

jren207
Novice

Thank you for your response.

I followed your link and downloaded the self installing .exe file first. The first step of the wizard appeared, then when I clicked next, I got the same error message as I did before about not meeting requirements.

I then went back to your link and downloaded the .zip file. I extracted it, then went into Device Manager. I selected the display adapter and tried to update it manually as described in the second link you posted (Manual Driver Installation), but it tells me that "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date".

I see you mentioned about uninstalling the current driver. The only driver is the one provided by Windows (Standard VGA Graphics Adapter). I uninstall it, but when I restart my system, it obviously installs itself again so that I have some kind of video output.

What can I do next?

Does this mean that the integrated graphics found in a Xeon E3 cannot actually be used to their full potential?

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Have you tried updating the driver with the other processor you mentioned? The driver provided should work for your processor and when having problems to install the driver, it does not necessarily means that you cannot use its full video capacity.

jren207
Novice

Updating the driver for the other processor worked fine when I did it. I don't believe it was with this version of the drivers as they will have been updated since then (a few months to a year ago). I can't try this version of drivers on the other processor as that machine with that processor is running Linux now.

It seems as if the Xeon has been forgotten about with the drivers (maybe always, or a bug in this current version of drivers).

I looked in the igdlh64.inf file from the zip archive drivers and the hardware id (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_015A) isn't listed in that file (see attached file), so perhaps that may be why it's not being detected both by the installer, and manual update method.

As you've already assured me, and by checking the specs pages myself on the Intel website, the graphics are identical, so therefore I can only assume there's been an oversight with the drivers, and perhaps they need fixing so that they can be installed for Xeon E3 users?

I understand what you say about not necessarily not using its full video capacity, but I'd like to update from the standard windows drivers so that I get better graphics performance and the various Intel display software features.
jren207
Novice

Are you able to look into this for me please?

I really want to get this solved and working.

JPerk3
Beginner

I have the exact same problem.

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks for the feedback.

I am going to verify with the development team what could be the cause. I will keep you posted.

jren207
Novice

I forgot to check back in this thread.

I ended up using the live chat with Intel and was advised to use an older version of the driver. (An obvious solution, which worked).

This machine I have assembled will be running Linux as a small server, so getting graphics working is just a test, so not an urgent issue.

However, I then went on to Install and try Windows 8.1. Using the previous driver as suggested worked to a certain extent, but if I tried to open the Intel graphics options (from tray or desktop context menu), I would get an error message from Windows saying that it had stopped working.

A small workaround (I wouldn't recommend trying this on a production system) I found to use the latest drivers was to download the .zip drivers, open the .inf file, then make new entries for this CPU based on another server CPU already in the file. (So for each section, just copy the entries, but change the hardware id). After which, reboot, but press F8 after the BIOS to enter the Startup Settings for windows, then select Disable Driver Signature Enforcement. Then just go ahead, run the installer, then when a scary red coloured warning popup appears, just dismiss it, and the drivers will be installed.

I may end up repurposing this machine in the future as it is a nice little system, so hopefully someone at Intel will look into this and come up with a solution.

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

jren207,

I am sorry for the frustration. I will make sure this information will reach the proper department for future considerations.

Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

jren207
Novice

Unfortunately I cannot try the driver as I now have Linux running on my system.

Hopefully nmoreno (who replied to this thread earlier with the same problem), can try it out and see if it works.

AZuck
Novice

I hate to necropost BUT... I don't see any resolution to this and I am running into the exact same situation. @kevin_intel had a link to try the latest driver though that link is now dead. I've tried every graphics driver listed under the DQ77KB board and grabbed a few random ones to try. Running Windows 2008 R2 and its not letting me install a driver. Would really like to get this installed if possible.

KL2
Valued Contributor I

AZuck
Novice

I tried that one yesterday (as well as a bunch of older versions). It installs fine but when you reboot the machine you get the Windows logo and then (it seems once the driver has been initialized), the screen goes black and nothing. Only way to get back up is to go to Safe Mode and remove the Graphics Drivers and reboot to the generic drivers again.

KL2
Valued Contributor I

The latest DQ77KB BIOS is installed?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

OlympusTechGroup,

I notice that you are running a Windows Server O/S. Intel never provided support for Windows Server O/S on these boards (it doesn't mean it won't work, just that no attempt was made by Intel to make or certify that it will work). The posted drivers are for systems running consumer versions of the Windows O/S. What I suggest you do is go over to the Server Support forum and post your questions/complaints there. If there is a version of the driver that will support Windows Server O/S, the folks over there are the experts who will be able to point you to them...

Hope this helps,

...S

P.S. Necroposting? That's a new one on me...