Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BDonl1
Beginner

HP Workstation with Intel C240 Series C246 - A309 Chipset shows driver with date 18.07.1968

Hi

2 times I installed Windows 10 OS new. First with 1809 and the second time with 1903 64 Bit. After the Windows installation Device Manager shows at Intel C240 Series Chipset LPC Controller (C246) - A309 the impossible date 18.07.1968.

I raised already a HP ticket but they only checked the version. And updating to the latest version was correct. So they told me to ignore the wrong date.

I also tried uninstalling driver, updating driver. The version changed, but the date was still wrong with year 1968.

Can somebody offer me a solution or a possibility to raise a Intel support ticket that the driver will be corrected.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This fprim is for Intel Desktop Boards. HP has forums and support for your workstation. They also have a chipset INF specifically for your workstation.

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You want to download the Intel Chipset Device software package (a.k.a. INF Update) and unzip it to a local temporary folder. As Administrator, open a DOS or Powershell window, CD to that temporary folder and then run command ".\SetupChipset.exe /overall". A reboot will be necessary once this command is complete (a prompt to do so may or may not appear). After the reboot, delete this temporary folder.

What this accomplishes is it forces the (over-) installation of all INF files in the package that are pertinent to your chipset. This should refresh the dates and description strings and ensure that the optimal configuration is used with each chipset device. Note that the package contains only INF files (hence the "INF Update" nickname); the drivers are actually provided as part of Windows (but are optimally configured by the INF file).

Hope this helps,

...S

BDonl1
Beginner

Thanks for your answer. I already opened a HP ticket but their answer was it is caused by intel and they will not focus on a solution.

Thanks for .\SetupChipset.exe /overall that was new for me. It is not shown with the /? command.

Strange is that the screenshot shows installed version 10.1.16.7. with windows driver after windows setup and no driver setup.

After downloading this setup:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29131/Intel-Chipset-C240-Series-Driver-for-Server-Systems-...

Intel® Chipset C240 Series Driver for Server Systems based on the Intel® Server Board M10JNP2SB

intel-inf-utility-v10-1-19-1-win10-32-64-2k16-64-2k19-64.zip

and started \SetupChipset.exe /overall i see the version 10.1.16.6 (lower version than .7) and also the wrong date with 1968:

n_scott_pearson

There is a new version of the package (10.1.18) available. Get it from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29227/Chipset-INF-Utility?product=126380. Give it a try, again using the /overall parameter.

...S

n_scott_pearson

The C246 chipset is the same as the 300 Series chipsets.

...S​