Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMar0
Beginner

Hello, Intel! I have motherboard with B360 chipset. Unfortunately, USB in Windows 7 doesn't work. Could you give me drivers? Windows 7 is supported until 2020! Best wishes.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Windows 7 is supported until 2020, but not on your processor. Only Windows 10 is supported on 7th gen and later processors.

Doc

AMar0
Beginner

Good joke from Intel, thanks!

AlHill
Super User

Check your motherboard manufacturer. They also do not support Windows 7 on your board, which is why you will find no drivers for windows 7 from them as well.

Doc

AMar0
Beginner

Thanks, Al.Hill!

I've successfully installed Win7, everything works well, except USB. It means that I need only USB 3.1 driver for B360 chipset.

I understand you, there is no questions anymore.

AlHill
Super User

You did not successfully install windows 7, else you would not be here. Did you find ANY drivers for Windows 7 listed on your motherboard manufacturer's site? The answer is no, you did not.

Again, only windows 10 is supported on 7th gen and later processors. This is a Microsoft issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4012982/the-processor-is-not-supported-together-with-the-wi...

You carefully avoided providing your motherboard model number and processor model number, knowing this was the case.

Purchase a Windows 10 key, or use your Windows 7 key for a Windows 10 install, and avoid all the future problems. I suspect you will continue to try and use Windows 7 past January 2020. Why waste the time and effort? If you want to run WIndows 7, install Windows 10, turn on Huper-V, and then install WIndows 7 as a VM on WIndows 10.

Doc

AMar0
Beginner

I do not want to avoid carefully providing my motherboard model. Please, understand me, may users use that they want to use?

I have all-in-one PC with Intel i5 8250 processor, I do not know motherboard model. I have all-in-one PCs with i5 6200, i5 7200 - they work with W7 without any plroblem. I did not know, that there is such problem with i5 8250, when I was buying new PC.

Win7 works fine but only by TeamViewer, because keyboard and mouse do not work.

I need to use W7 because I have special hardware and software and it doesn't work in W10. That's all.

AlHill
Super User

"I need to use W7 because I have special hardware and software and it doesn't work in W10. "

And, will this special hardware and software be corrected by 2020?

Upgrade the special hardware and software, or use your i5-6200.

Doc

AMar0
Beginner

Al.Hill, I understand you, thanks for rapid answers! I'll change PC.

AlHill
Super User

Glad to help.

Doc