Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blieb6
Beginner

Hello Intel, I would like to ask if it is a known issue for my mainboard. I have random reboots related to an apparently integrated graphics driver issue. system pauses, screen blanks for a few seconds and sometimes follows with a reboot. Windows 10.

MOTHERBOARD

Manufacturer

Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.

Model

B365M PRO-VH (MS-7C31)

Version

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

For issues with MSI motherboards, you need to contact MSI.

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

And, in a word, No. The most likely cause of spontaneous reboots (resets, really) is bad or incompatible DRAM (quite possibly as a result of memory bus overclocking, including via XMP).

...S

blieb6
Beginner

I don't know if that's my case, it really looks like an integrated graphics driver issue from the behavior i'm seeing. system pauses, then the screen blanks for a few seconds and sometimes it recovers and sometimes it reboots. and if i was playing video it displays a blank window.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

It is true that there are other possibilities, but I am not convinced. With memory issues like this, what usually happens is the memory bus(es) lock up. This results in the graphics engine starving (since its "VRAM" is a portion of standard DRAM) and the screen goes blank. Eventually, the Watchdog Timer wakes the system up by issuing a system reset.

...S

blieb6
Beginner

ah I see, thanks, I will try swap out the ram for a while to see if the issue goes away