Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DGačn
Beginner

Hello, does anybody have latest BIOS update fo Intel DH55TC, cause i have 037 version and the highest version i found on internet is 048 (if i'm wrong let me know). If anyone has any newer version can let me know too. Thank you :) Have a nice day.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I have attached 0048 for you in zip format.

Doc

DGačn
Beginner

Thank you 🙏 really so grateful 😀

Just one quick question. I just unzipped it onto the USB and then update it directly in BIOS from 037 to 048?

AlHill
Super User

You can try. If it does not work, report back.

Is the board currently working with 0037, or is the board not working?

Doc

DGačn
Beginner

OK, thank you, i will let you know.

It's working for about 10 years (it's my first computer).

David.

DGačn
Beginner

Hello, just letting you know that everything went OK and now i have BIOS with version 0048.

David.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Because of the number of steps between 37 and 48, I would recommend installing this via the BIOS Recovery method.

For information on the BIOS Update process, consult Intel Desktop Boards BIOS Update Instructions and, for this case, Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions.

To help you better, here are my step-by-step instructions for BIOS Recovery:

1. NOTE: Read these instructions completely before starting. Follow all instructions EXACTLY.
  2. On some other Windows-based PC, make sure that you have the .BIO file for the BIOS release you wish to install.
  3. Insert a 32GB or smaller USB 2.0 flash drive into the PC. Do not use USB 3.0 flash drives.
  4. Format this USB flash drive using the Windows Format applet. Select to install the FAT32 file system (NOT vFAT, NOT exFAT; FAT32 only). You must also specify that the Quick Format option be Disabled (unchecked).
  5. NOTE: If FAT32 is not offered as a choice by the Format applet, your USB flash drive is too big; use another.
  6. Copy the .BIO file into the root folder of this USB flash drive. This should be the only .BIO file in the root folder of the USB flash drive.
  7. Properly eject the USB flash drive. Do not just yank it out. Do this from File Explorer or using the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media System Tray applet.
  8. Power off the Desktop Board system.
  9. Remove the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper from the board. It will be the only yellow jumper; the rest will usually be black.
  10. NOTE: Remember the pins that this jumper was plugged into; you will need this information later.
  11. Plug the USB flash drive into one of the black USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the board. Do not use blue or yellow USB 3.0 port. Do not use any front panel USB ports.
  12. Power on the system.
  13. The BIOS Recovery process should start automatically. You should see a progress report on your main monitor.
  14. NOTE: If you do not see a progress report displayed on a monitor, do not power off the system for at least 15 minutes. While it is rare, it is possible for the process to proceed without an onscreen display; you must give it ample time to complete, just in case.
  15. When the BIOS Recovery process is complete, you will be asked to power off the system. Do so.
  16. Restore the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper to the pins it was on previously. This should be across pins 1 and 2 of this (three pin) header.
  17. Remove the USB flash drive from the back panel of the board.
  18. Power on the board.
  19. Immediately begin pressing the F2 key, over and over (approx. once per second) until you see the BIOS Setup (or Visual BIOS) screen displayed.
  20. Verify, using the BIOS version string, that the BIOS installed properly. Stop if it isn't.
  21. Press the F9 key (followed by the Y key) to reset of the BIOS configuration.
  22. Press the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to save the BIOS Configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
  23. Once screen is cleared (goes black), begin pressing the F2 key, over and over, until you see the BIOS Setup screen displayed.
  24. Make any changes to the BIOS configuration that you desire (for example, disabling NUMLOCK) or that you require (for example, setting Boot Order, enabling UEFI, etc.).
  25. Press the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to save the BIOS Configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
  26. Test.

Hope this helps,

...S

DGačn
Beginner

Hi, thank you for this long answer and steps but i have allready updated the BIOS by Intel instructions and it was successful.

Can i still do the proces you wrote? Will there be any diferences?

David.

menteth
Beginner

Hi, My DH55TC board has been very reliable over the years. Windows 10 worked for years, but stopped  booting after a routine Windows update. I installed a new hard drive and everything worked again. Recently problems began to return, so I followed your instructions precisely and updated the BIOS and went from ver. 37 to 48.  The boot now goes straight to the windows repair mode and nothing I do gets much beyond that point, even attempts to format the newer drive.

However, if I put in one of my old Windows 7 Ultimate hard drives it boots perfectly. 

Can I assume that the problem is with Windows 10? Is this motherboard no longer compatible with Windows 10?

G

n_scott_pearson

@menteth,

No hijacking of other folks conversations. Please open your own conversation for your issue. Use the Post a Question button on the Community's main Intel Desktop Boards page to open this conversation. We will be happy to help you in the conversation you open.

...S

n_scott_pearson

This process ensures that all components in the firmware update package are properly and completely installed. We hope that this is the case anyway; this process just makes sure. If you believe that everything is ok at it stands right now, you don't have to do this. You can come back to it if you see anything strange happening in the upcoming weeks.

...S

DGačn
Beginner

If i'd known sooner, i would took your process.

Thanks, i'll keep an eye on proper working.

David

AlHill
Super User

Do you know if you are booting legacy or UEFI?  What were you booting with the old bios?

Look in your bios.   If it is legacy, change to UEFI, and vice-versa.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]