Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

Hello

Catalin1
Beginner

Hello guys, i have a problem with Intel VGA 630 driver... I mean after installing the driver everything is going black and the laptop is not even responding.... Any tips how i can fix this ?! I have this laptop  from 2018 and i never face this problem until the last windows update, even if i try to install this driver by hand nothing happen still black screen and nothing is working
Lenovo Y520
Intel i5 730 2.5 ghz
16 gb ram ddr4
Nvidia gtx 1050
On microsoft display adaptor its working fine but i guess i need this driver anyway ... SO please help me before i am losing my mind 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This forum is for Intel Desktop Boards, which you do not have.

Confirm your processor model number.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
[Windows 11 is the new Vista]

Catalin1
Beginner
AlHill
Super User

Since you have dual graphics, you must use BOTH the nvidia and intel graphics drivers as supplied by lenovo.

Catalin1
Beginner
I did that and it's the same problem, after I install the Intel VGA driver the screen is going black and the laptop it's unresponsive
AlHill
Super User

If you have installed both the nvidia and intel drivers from the lenovo site for your laptop, and they are not working, contact lenovo for support.