Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pyang13
Beginner

Help,the Intel Desktop Boards(Model:DH67BL) only works at 2 cores

Hello,I have an Intel Desktop Boards(Model:DH67BL, AA# :G10189-209,BIOS version:160) .It supported 3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3770.But when I access BIOS Setup ,the Active Processor Cores shows i7-3770 only 1core or 2 cores not 4 cores.And the boards work only at 2 cores.How can it work at 4 cores?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello YangPei,

Thank you for contacting Intel Communities.

Can you please provide the following information to better assist you?

Confirm if you are using any other software to check the active cores?

Please provide a screenshot from device manager showing the processors.

If "Active Processor Cores" is set to "All" and Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology is enabled, you should see 8 processor lines in Device Manager.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Juan V.
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Overall, this would seem to infer that, regardless of the setting for Active Processor Cores, only a single Core is being enabled by the BIOS (and thus you see two hyperthreads being displayed in Windows). My recommendation would be to do the following:

1. Clear CMOS (see: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000024119.html?wapkw=desktop+boards+cmos+c... How to Clear the CMOS on Your Intel Desktop Board)
  2. Reassemble systems and, during power on, use F2 enter BIOS Setup.
  3. Set the Date and Time.
  4. Use F9 (followed by Y) to reset the BIOS configuration to defaults.
  5. Make any changes to the BIOS Configuration (Boot Order, etc.) that are absolutely necessary to be able to boot to Windows.
  6. Use F10 (followed by Y) to exit from BIOS Setup saving the (modified) BIOS Configuration.
  7. Check the issue in Windows again.

If this fails to address the problem, I recommend that you do the following:

1. Reinstall BIOS BL0160 using the Recovery Method (see: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005630.html?wapkw=bios+recovery Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions).
  2. Repeat the process described above.

Hope this helps,

...S

pyang13
Beginner

Thank you very mach.

I try to reinstall BIOS BL0160 using the Recovery Method and clear CMOS. "Active Processor Cores" is set to "All" and Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology is enabled.

Then I reinstall my operating System.Now it works at 8 cores.

pyang13
Beginner

Thank you very mach.

I try to reinstall BIOS BL0160 using the Recovery Method and clear CMOS. "Active Processor Cores" is set to "All" and Intel® Hyper-Threading Technology is enabled.

Then I reinstall my operating System.Now it works at 8 cores.I think there may be some problems with the operating system or the BIOS.