Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ECD2
Beginner

Help with too many enteries in the BCD

Somewhere along the way, I have inadvertently created too many boot entries in the BCD section labeled "Firmware Application (101fffff)", and my system is booting very slowly, but eventually boots normally.

I have 365 items listed when there should normally be maybe 4-6 entries. How do I go about getting rid of the duplicates listed after the section labeled "Firmware Application (101fffff)"?

(This is for a EFI boot.)

I know how to remove any duplicates in the Firmware Boot Manager listing section of the dump at the top of the file, but that only works for the duplicate display order items in the Firmware Boot Manager.

I have attached the dump using Bcdedit /enum firmware > enumfw.txt.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Hello ECD2

Thank you for joining the community.

Could you provide me with the information about hardware and tool used for reviewing/making the entries?

Regards,

Leonardo C.

ECD2
Beginner

Leonardo C., thank you for your response.

The Intel MB is a DH67GD. The bios is the latest, version

BIOS Version: BLH6710H.86A.0162.2018.0412.1542

I used Bcdedit to dump the contents: "Bcdedit /enum firmware > enumfw.txt."

In my first post, I uploaded the output - file name enumfw.txt.

I have tried using bcdedit /delete {.....} /cleanup and bcdedit /delete {.......} /nocleanup to see if I could manually delete them; however, using /no cleanup deleted the respective Guid up in the Firmware Boot Manager section at the top of the file and did nothing to the ones listed at the bottom. I tried another time using /cleanup, but I guess I didn't do the batch.cmd file correctly. Given that I have over 300 of these to delete, I am building a batch file to do.

I do have the Visual BCD software, but for some reason it will not load, I guess due to all of the entries. So I am resorting to using command line tools to try resolving it.

I tried removing the CMOS battery, but that didn't work either. As I understand it, Bcdedit syncs the BCD with the NVRAM. If removing the CMOS battery cleared the NVRAM, then Bcdedit resynced it again.

Please open the file I uploaded and take a look.

Any suggestions you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

idata
Community Manager

Hello ECD2

Thank you for your response.

I am going to move your case to the right group of support, for the community to assist you.

Regards,

Leonardo C.