Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ВЦишк
Beginner

Hey, can I get a new BIOS for DB43LD. What to do? I have 4 GB of RAM installed. Available 3GB, one GB in reserve. Discrete graphics

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ВЦишк
Beginner

64bit

AlHill
Super User

A new BIOS? Seriously? What bios version do you have?

Your board supports up to 8GB memory. Look at page 14 in this link:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/boardsandkits/desktop-boards/P43_G43_Q43_B...

I have attached the LAST bios for your board from December 2010 (0037). Note that your board was made in 2009.

Also, what is your processor model number? And, what operating system? If 32-bit, forget about going over 4GB.

Doc

AlHill
Super User

Also, note the paragraph on page 14:

"NOTE System resources and hardware (such as PCI Express) require physical memory address locations that can reduce available addressable system memory. This could result in a reduction of as much as 1 GB or more of physical addressable memory being available to the operating system and applications, depending on the system configuration and operating system. "

ВЦишк
Beginner

хм, в BIOS я изменил частоту ОЗУ с 800 на 667. И 4 из 4 ГБ стали доступны.. Сколько я потерял в исполнении ? Неужели все это обратно 800? Мой процессор: Intel Core 2 Duo e7500

ВЦишк
Beginner

У меня есть старый БИОС. Если я обновлю его до более новой версии, это что-нибудь улучшит?

AlHill
Super User

It is doubtful that it will improve anything, but you can install it and see.

Personally, with a board this old, I would leave it alone.

Doc