Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MMelo3
Beginner

Hi. I have a DH67BL. After updating the BIOS I have no video, nothing at all. The BIOS rescue not working for me (step by step: removing the jumper, placing the flash memory, as indicated), but no video either. Thank you very much who can help me.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

First of all, if you started a BIOS Recovery, I hope that you let it run for at least 10 minutes before powering off. If not, you may have permanently trashed your BIOS.

You updated the BIOS from what version to what version?

There are special instructions in the BIOS Release Notes that you needed to follow. See these documents for more information:

Hope this helps,

...S

MMelo3
Beginner

Hello, leave it for at least 15 minutes. Tha was from 0062 to 0163. Thanks for answering. I will read the sent links.

n_scott_pearson

Urk! That's a problem. That's way too far to be jumping in one fell swoop. You may have bricked your BIOS by attempting this - but let's see if we can recover...

Try doing a BIOS Recovery operation using the following procedure:

1. On a Windows-based PC (do not use Linux or MacOS-based PC!), reformat your USB 2.0 flash drive (do not use USB 3.0 flash drives!), using the FAT32 file system (not vFAT or exFAT or any of those!), with the Quick Format option Disabled.
  2. Place a copy of file BL0163.BIO into the root folder of this USB 2.0 flash drive.
  3. Properly eject the flash drive.
  4. Unplug power and remove the CR2032 battery from DH67BL board for 15 minutes.
  5. Restore the battery to the board.
  6. Remove the (yellow) BIOS configuration jumper from the board.
  7. Plug the USB 2.0 flash drive into one of the (black) USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the board (do not use (blue) USB 3.0 port and do not use front panel port!).
  8. Power on the system.
  9. If you are lucky, the system will proceed to do a BIOS Recovery. It may or may not provide a progress display onscreen. If it does not, wait 15 minutes. If it does provide a display, however, wait for the update to say it is finished.
  10. Power system back off.
  11. Restore the (yellow) BIOS configuration jumper to pins 1-2 of the board's BIOS Configuration header.
  12. Power system back on.
  13. If the BIOS POST Splash Screen does not appear, you are out of luck; the BIOS is bricked.
  14. If the BIOS POST Splash Screen appears, do the following:
    1. Use the F2 key to enter BIOS Setup.
    2. Set the date and time.
    3. Press F9 (followed by Y) to reset the BIOS Configuration to defaults.
    4. Press F10 (followed by Y) to save the configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
    5. At the BIOS POST splash screen, again press F2 to enter BIOS Setup.
    6. Make any changes (boot order, etc.) to the BIOS Configuration that you need/desire.
    7. Press F10 (followed by Y) to save the configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
    8. Test.

I hope this works,

...S

MMelo3
Beginner

Hi. Thanks for answering. The tests were not satisfactory. What I need now is the BIOS file in .bin format to be able to record it with a recorder.

n_scott_pearson

First of all, Intel does not distribute BIOS updates in BIN file form. They are not secure.

Now, the only way to get a .BIN file is by copying from another, identical board. Since the board's branding (Serial Number, UUID, MAC Address, Password(s), etc.) is also stored in the BIOS flash, copying the flash is going to copy the branding as well. There are no tools that will allow the branding to be updated in the field (Intel does not release them) and, since the branding is stored in encrypted form, you cannot update via .BIN file patching.

Bottom line, this is not a good thing to do. I certainly would not want my board's branding copied like this.

Sorry,

...S