Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi, I have an old board in my destop its a d945gtp. I cant get driver for pci serial port and i cannot find it anywhere, any help really appreciated. thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

what operating system and version?

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

windows xp pro 64 bit

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Sorry, XP 64-bit was an albatross. Even regular XP ceased support FIVE YEARS AGO.

What drivers there are for your board, are listed here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/50372/Intel-Desktop-Board-D945GTP

You should abandon this board and XP 64 (which was never supported). Get a new(er) board, and get Windows 10 64-bit, where you will have all the support in the world.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

i know its all pretty much out dated but its the system that my cnc machine uses.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

So, your cnc machine software provider wrote a 64-bit app specifically for xp 64? XP 32 bit will not suffice? The board only supported a max of 4GB anyway. The cnc provider never progressed past XP?

How long have you known of the demise of XP? Ten years or more? You have had more than enough time to make transition plans.

And, for this "mission critical" app and install, you did not have a backup or image of the system to restore?

Sorry, but I am unsympathetic regarding this, and the "my app only runs on xxx" excuses. I have heard them all.

By the way, that missing driver is not going to affect you.

Doc (not an intel employee or contractor)

0 Kudos