Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DWrig17
Beginner

Hi, Somehow my copy of the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel has become unusable, where can I obtain a download file for this ? Thanks, David

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

This forum is for Intel Desktop Boards.

Make your post in the https://forums.intel.com/s/topic/0TO0P00000018NKWAY/graphics forum

Doc

DWrig17
Beginner

Hi, Sorry about that, I guess I was somewhat desperate...the truth of the matter is that my hp desktop is actually too old to even utilize the software I was trying to obtain. It's still a great desktop for me though, I don't play any games so until I decide to spend some money on a new computer, I'll be satisfied with what I currently have. My lenovo laptop is a lot newer and has more recent hardware, it came with the hd graphics control panel already installed. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond ! David
AlHill
Super User

What is your processor model number?

What version of Windows 10? 1909?

What is the complete model number of your HP Desktop?

You are not desperate yet, otherwise you would have capitalized your post<G>

Doc

DWrig17
Beginner

Hi Al.Hill, That proves to me yet again that there are still good people in this world of our's..such as you !! I'm a windows 10 insider on the fast ring, I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview , Version 2004 , OS Build 19569.1000 . My Model # is HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF x 64 - based PC SKU # VS742UA#ABA , Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz . As you can see..by today's standard's it pretty old. But the good thing is I didn't have to pay very much for it on ebay. I bought it from a highly rated seller, it came with a good warranty as well. Thanks, David
AlHill
Super User

Well, although appreciated, hold off on the accolades while you hear the bad news.

Yes, that processor is from 2008 and is OLD.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/33910/intel-core-2-duo-processor-e8400-6m-cache...

Also, it did not include processor graphics. It used the Q43 graphics chipset. Anything that old does not have a driver for windows 10, except the Microsoft generic driver, which lacks in performance and features. Even if it did include processor graphics, you would still have a problem. You will find that only graphics from 3rd gen and later processors are supported, and that is minimal at best.

Options? Find a nvidia or amd {low-profile) card that is compatible. That will be more difficult than you think. But, they are out there.

Or, put the machine in the recycle bin.

Additional bad news - Only released products are supported. No insider releases are supported.

A warranty on a twelve year old machine? That is a good seller for sure.

Doc

DWrig17
Beginner

Al.Hill, I told you it's an older computer, and at this point instead of wasting money on trying to upgrade it, I'd be much better off to just buy a newer machine. Of course since I retired in 12/2018 , I have to keep my priorities in order. And at this time spending money on a newer desktop isn't a priority, at least for me..my health is my # 1 priority right now. Since I retired (from lowe's home improvement), my health has changed somewhat, I live in a nice subdivision, so to try and stay in decent shape I used to take long walks, but the last time I did I got a half block from home and I thought I was going to pass out. I couldn't seem to breathe enough air into my lung's, since that day I've had a bunch of different test's done, so far no real cause has been determined. On my most recent test, (home sleep study) it was determined that I have acute sleep apnea..which kind of took me by surprise, I wish now that someone would have arranged for me to be tested before now ( I turn 71 tomorrow ). I'm going today to pickup my sleep equipment, at least now I'm seeing a pulmonologist on a regular basis. I know that I can trust God to provide a cure for me, he's never failed me yet ! David