Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
piloty8
Beginner

Hola, tengo una placa madre D975XBX versión AAD27094036 y necesito saber si tengo la última actualización de la BIOS disponible para poder ampliar la RAM ¿Alguien me puede ayudar? Gracias

0 Kudos
20 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What bios version do you have?

8GB is the maximum memory you can have:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007340/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards.ht...

Doc

piloty8
Beginner

Version 2.3
AlHill
Super User

That is not a bios version number.

Doc

piloty8
Beginner

AAD27094036 Is this??
AlHill
Super User

No, it will look something like this: [BX97510J.86A.1487.EB.EXE

I am not sure you should be messing with your bios. Try the memory first. If it does not work, then report back.

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

In Al's example (which is for the Windows-based EBU installer, which you should NOT use any longer), 1487 is the BIOS version number. And, in fact, 1487 is the last BIOS that was released for this board (I can provide it if you do not have it). Also, as Al indicated, installing a newer BIOS is not going to allow you to use any additional memory; the amount of memory supported is 8GB (2GB per DIMM).

...S

piloty8
Beginner

Ok, explicaré que pasa.

Quiero dar una segunda oportunidad a mi viejo PC. Quiero aumentar la RAM a 8Gb (lo cual sé que es el máximo que soporta la placa base) Pero, me dijeron que debía estar seguro que la versión de la BIOS que tenía era la última versión. Es por esto que hice la pregunta.

En información de sistema me dice lo siguiente:

Versión y fecha de BIOS Intel Corp. BX97510J.86A.1478.2007.0222.1002, 22/02/2007

Versión de SMBIOS 2.3

Al y n.scott, muchas gracias por vuestra ayuda y paciencia

n_scott_pearson

Ok, you have BIOS 1478 currently, but BIOS 1487 is the latest (last) available. The attached ZIP file contains the .BIO file for BIOS 1487. Install this file using the F7 method. If this system is old enough that there is no support for BIOS installation via F7, let me know and I will try to find the iFlash tool.

...S

piloty8
Beginner

OK, I'll let you know Thanks El vie., 27 dic. 2019 a las 20:35, Intel Forums (<supportreplies@intel.com>) escribió:
piloty8
Beginner

I can´t do it with the F7 method. The instructions say: "Enable Display F7 to Update BIOS", but this isn't in my BIOS menu.

n_scott_pearson

Ok, you will need to do this via BIOS Recovery. Here are my step-by-step instructions for this process:

1. NOTE: Read these instructions completely before starting. Follow all instructions EXACTLY.
  2. On some other Windows-based PC, make sure that you have the .BIO file for the BIOS release you wish to install.
  3. Insert a 32GB or smaller USB 2.0 flash drive into the PC. Do not use USB 3.0 flash drives.
  4. Format this USB flash drive using the Windows Format applet. Select to install the FAT32 file system (NOT vFAT, NOT exFAT; FAT32 only). You must also specify that the Quick Format option be Disabled (unchecked).
  5. NOTE: If FAT32 is not offered as a choice by the Format applet, your USB flash drive is too big; use another.
  6. Copy the .BIO file into the root folder of this USB flash drive. This should be the only .BIO file in the root folder of the USB flash drive.
  7. Properly eject the USB flash drive. Do not just yank it out. Do this from File Explorer or using the Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media System Tray applet.
  8. Power off the Desktop Board system.
  9. Remove the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper from the board. It will be the only yellow jumper; the rest will usually be black.
  10. NOTE: Remember the pins that this jumper was plugged into; you will need this information later.
  11. Plug the USB flash drive into one of the black USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the board. Do not use blue or yellow USB 3.0 port. Do not use any front panel USB ports.
  12. Power on the system.
  13. The BIOS Recovery process should start automatically. You should see a progress report on your main monitor.
  14. NOTE: If you do not see a progress report displayed on a monitor, do not power off the system for at least 15 minutes. While it is rare, it is possible for the process to proceed without an onscreen display; you must give it ample time to complete, just in case.
  15. When the BIOS Recovery process is complete, you will be asked to power off the system. Do so.
  16. Restore the yellow BIOS Configuration jumper to the pins it was on previously. This should be across pins 1 and 2 of this (three pin) header.
  17. Remove the USB flash drive from the back panel of the board.
  18. Power on the board.
  19. Immediately begin pressing the F2 key, over and over (approx. once per second) until you see the BIOS Setup (or Visual BIOS) screen displayed.
  20. Verify, using the BIOS version string, that the BIOS installed properly. Stop if it isn't.
  21. Press the F9 key (followed by the Y key) to reset of the BIOS configuration.
  22. Press the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to save the BIOS Configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
  23. Once screen is cleared (goes black), begin pressing the F2 key, over and over, until you see the BIOS Setup screen displayed.
  24. Make any changes to the BIOS configuration that you desire (for example, disabling NUMLOCK) or that you require (for example, setting Boot Order, enabling UEFI, etc.).
  25. Press the F10 key (followed by the Y key) to save the BIOS Configuration and exit BIOS Setup.
  26. Test.

For more information on the BIOS Update process, consult Intel Desktop Boards BIOS Update Instructions and, for this case, Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions.

...S

piloty8
Beginner

Algo no funciona, en el paso número 14 no puedo ver nada en la pantalla, lo dejo 20 minutos pero no se actualiza.

P

n_scott_pearson

You followed the instructions exactly?​ You reformatted the flash disk with the Quick Format option disabled? How long did the format option take to run?

...S

piloty8
Beginner

Yes, I followed the instructions exactly, I reformatted the flash disk with the *Quick* *Format* option *disabled* it took several minutes
n_scott_pearson

What is the size of your flash disk?

piloty8
Beginner

n_scott_pearson

Hhmmm, it should have worked. Unfortunately, I don't have anything old enough to investigate why it doesn't. If you have the capability, you could try preparing a CD, per the instructions here: Intel Desktop Boards Recovery BIOS Update Instructions.

If that doesn't work, you may need to use the Express BIOS Update installer (you are running Windows, right?). Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the file(s) myself. I did a google using search string "intel d975xbx bios download" and got a few hits for where you can download this file. Some just link back to the Intel site, so their downloads will fail. There are a few that have their own copies of the file(s), however. The issue is whether you can trust that the file(s) haven't been modified.

...S

piloty8
Beginner

Ok, voy a aumentar la RAM sin tocar la BIOS, y di no funciona lo dejaré como está. Muchas gracias por tu ayuda Scott, I really appreciate it . P.
AlHill
Super User

@piloty8​ Back to your original question, you should not need to mess with the bios if all you want to do is use 8GB of memory. With a board this old, and lack of support files, "if it isn't broke, don't fix it".

Doc

piloty8
Beginner

Ok, thanks for your advice Al.