Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HEpps
Beginner

How can I make my Intel W5 Pro stick computer recognize my docked Fire tablet as a computer rather than a charger?

When I dock the tablet to the W5 Pro I get a message on the tablet saying it's hooked to a low power charger.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Provide a photo of this "Intel W5 Pro stick".

Doc

HEpps
Beginner

Doc, I'm sorry I took so long to respond. Life got in the way. The following link should lead to a photo and description. The stick has 3 female USB ports. A micro that I use for power and two larger ones. I've tried using both of the larger ones to dock and gotten the low power charger message with both. I can take a photo if you wish. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07PXRTSC7?psc=1&ref=ppx_ pop_mob_b_asin_title#immersive-view_1578729665278
AlHill
Super User

Sorry, this stick is not an Intel compute stick. You must contact the manufacturer of this stick for support.

Doc

HEpps
Beginner

HEpps
Beginner

Al, Are you saying the stick is counterfeit? It has intel written on it. Harold
AlHill
Super User

No, I said it was not an "Intel compute stick". There are other manufacturers of stick-like devices, who try and fool you into thinking it is an Intel product. Yes, it does have an Intel processor inside. But, if you explore the amazon link you provided and look at the other models offered, you will see that they have a "Beelink" stamp on them.

So, you have a stick made by another company. Try and find their support site, or any site, associated with them.

Not counterfeit, just not an Intel product.

Doc

HEpps
Beginner

Thanks again, Al. I'm learning things here. Harold
AlHill
Super User

Also, there is a link for "Free Amazon Tech Support Included" on that amazon page. Give that a try. If they tell you it is an Intel product, they are liars.

And, whoever the manufacturer is, they have masked themselves. The nearest I can find, which may not be correct, is https://www.aoxunsoftware.com

Doc

HEpps
Beginner

I'll give it my best shot, Al. Thanks.