Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
11432 Discussions

How can I update the BIOS?

Gokberk_DRY
Beginner
I need to update the BIOS, how do I update it?

e10da859-5210-4bfa-a18d-7db067d796e2.png

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Gokberk_DRY
Beginner

Please help

AlHill
Super User

You have to provide more than that.  What is the model number of your board?

So the Intel support engineers can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

Gokberk_DRY
Beginner
I did.
AlHill
Super User

Ok, one more time.   Take a photograph (using your phone) of the board and upload it to this thread.

Right now, I doubt your board is an Intel product.  This is importent to know, as many board manufacturers made boards with that chipset.  To update the bios, we need to know the board manufacturer.  Intel bios for Intel boards, ASUS bios for ASUS boards, MSI bios for MSI board, etc.

Also, I fail to see the point in this exercise.   If you do not know the board manufacturer, why do you need to update the bios?

Gokberk_DRY
Beginner

I dıd. 

AlHill
Super User

Well, any information that is printed on the board is conveniently hidden under your graphics card. 

You are going to have to try harder.  You know that graphics card is blockin the view.  

Try AGAIN!

Gokberk_DRY
Beginner

I dıd.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee
I am afraid there isn't enough information on the board to identify the board manufacturer. Let's try a different tact. Go into BIOS setup and see if there is an information page. If there is, take a picture of it.
...S
Gokberk_DRY
Beginner

I dıd.

n_scott_pearson

This doesn't help. One last possibility: check if there is a label on the bottom of the board (yea, I know, it may mean disassembling everything).

...S

Gokberk_DRY
Beginner
I know there's a tag but it's been ripped off, but the rip mark remains. (I'm thinking of a written BIOS)
AlHill
Super User

In all of this effort, this board cannot be identified.  Intel cannot provide you a bios, because it is not an intel product.

As I stated before, it is time to abandon this effort.

n_scott_pearson

I agree with Al. Without more information, there is not much we can do to help you. The manufacturer should have at least put their name in the silkscreen on the board. The stickers allow you to get accurate (when they are there), but at least a manufacturer's name printed on the board would have helped.

...S

P.S. BTW, in my own Internet search on this issue, I saw your other attempts to try and find this information. Did you do any queries on Reddit? Maybe someone will recognize the board from a good picture of it (one of the non-blurry ones ;^) ).

Gokberk_DRY
Beginner
AlHill
Super User

And, as they say, there is no bios update available.

So, that ends this discussion.

n_scott_pearson

Well, now that I look closely at the right spot, I *do* see that silkscreen label on the board. It's awfully tiny but easy to see when you know where to look. I too was not able to locate a BIOS update for this board, however.

...S