Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IcarusGO
Beginner

How do I update Intel® Management Engine Firmware?

So I found an update for my desktop board, (link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26834/Intel-Management-Engine-Firmware-9-x-Update-for-Inte...), but I do not understand how do I update it. Now the instructions seem clear and cut but I just can't wrap it around my head and update. If someone could please provide basic instructions, i'd be grateful. And I feel like an idiot but I can't do anything rather than ask help since I've been getting bluescreens and I'm trying to slowly and steadily update everything I can. Much appreciated on the help.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Did you read the "Read Me"?

Doc

IcarusGO
Beginner

Yeah I did, I extracted the zip to my desktop then tried to navigate through the command prompt to my desktop but I can't seem to run it, every time I try to navigate to it, it sats "the specified path can't be found"

AlHill
Super User

Also, the ME is unlikely going to fix your blue screen issues.

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Actually, you do not even need to install this update.

There is a later BIOS update that contains even newer firmware and it is automatically installed during the BIOS update process. Bottom line, install the latest BIOS and you will have the latest available firmware for the ME for your board.

Oh, BTW, Al is correct; this will NOT fix your BSOD issues. It will make the ME less vulnerable to attack, but that's about it.

...S