Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BBurg3
Novice

How do we add to the official processor list for a motherboard? DZ68BC

Is there a way to get the Xeon E3-1280 V2 processor supported for the DZ68BC motherboard? I notice that both the E3-1275 V2 & the E3-1290 V2 are supported so I'm hoping that adding the 1280 is an easy addition to the BIOS for people who know about this kind of thing.

Right now, the system hangs at bootup, powers off, powers back on, hangs...and the cycle repeats. One time I saw a message about the processor not being supported and that the message wouldn't be displayed again. Using the Back to BIOS button and/or clearing the BIOS doesn't make a difference.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This board is long past its end-of-life date and Intel has exited the motherboard business. There are no resources available to make changes to this board's BIOS. If the board is your priority, you will need to restrict yourself to processors that are on the supported list. If the processor is your priority, you will need to look for a third-party board that supports this processor.

I wish I had a better answer, but this is the reality of the situation...

...Scott

BBurg3
Novice

Thank you Mr. Pearson. I figured as much but thought it didn't hurt to ask.

Intel was kind enough to answer my inquiry though:

Hello Brian,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

I understand that you need help with your Intel® Desktop Board DZ68BC.

This motherboard is out of Interactive Support, which means that we are not releasing any new BIOS version for it.

It is best that you use a compatible processor with it, in the following link you will find the compatible processors.

http://processormatch.intel.com/Processors/CompatibleProcessors?componentName=DZ68BC http://processormatch.intel.com/Processors/CompatibleProcessors?componentName=DZ68BC

In case you need more assistance or if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us back.

Regards,

Intel Customer Support

Sebastian P.