How do I clear CMOS respectively reset all BIOS settings?
I get the "No Video Error" beeps, I had disabled the internal GPU earlier and my dedicated graphics card is dead.
Remove the battery? Because the battery tray looks a bit different from what I am used to.
The Intel Support article here: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-028780.htm# noboot Desktop Boards — Troubleshooting BIOS issues
States that it is applicable to the DZ77GA-70K.
But I don't think that the battery can be removed with a screwdriver.
Just wanted to note.
Yes, that actually worked, so thank you.
Is that why the battery tray is different, to discourage people from actually removing the battery?
If that's the case, I think the support article should be updated.
Okay, I think its time to better illustrate the issue at hand ;-)
I searched for some pictures (hope the hotlinking works) and made some myself of neweggs flash viewer thing.
So, here are the direct links:
1. Classic mainboard with battery tray I used to know
2. Another one. Please note the metal latch.
3. Latch and tray with battery removed would look similar to this
4. This is a current Z77 based mainboard, which has been released recently
5. Close up of the battery tray. The latch is closed. Also a current generation mainboard.
And now the Intel board:
6. No latch, but a plastic cover on top of the battery
7. Same board, slightly different angle.
The difference is quite easy to see.
I would like to hear from Intel about this design choice ;-)