Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Novice

How to configure DX97TO board to allow "WAKE-ON LAN" option?

How to configure DX97TO board to allow "WAKE-ON LAN" option?

landy_0-1596363812643.png

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

So we can have more information about your system, Download, run, and save the results of this utility as a text file:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility

Then ATTACH the text file using the instructions under the reply window ( Drag and drop here or browse files to attach ).

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi AlHill,

thank you for your response,

as requested please find attached the relevant information file.

Appreciate your response,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

It is important to note that you have windows 10 1803.

Your adapter is supported through version 1803 (RS4), In Box Only version 1809 (RS5) and later.

In-box support

• Driver and software updates aren't planned for adapters with only in-box support. These adapters can't be updated using automated or manual methods.
  • Intel® PROSet for Windows* Device Manager and Intel® Advanced Network Services (Intel® ANS) driver for teaming and VLANS aren't included with in-box support.

One of the Intel support engineers will assist you with this.

Personally, rather than deal with this issue, I would add a new LAN card that is fully supported.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

Al is incorrect; the Intel Customer Support Engineers will NOT help, as this is a discontinued product.

It is unclear whether the in-box driver will support WOL configuration, but we can try...

1. This may be moot because of the age of this board, but I will mention it for completeness. You must configure Windows 10 to support Sleep or Hibernation. I do not believe that WOL works with Modern Standby. Enabling Sleep is done by ensuring that S3 support is enabled in the BIOS. If it was disabled when you installed Windows 10, then Modern Standby would have been enabled by default. In this case, you will have to reinstall Windows 10 (after enabling S3 support) in order to use Sleep instead of Modern Standby.
  2. Next, you need to configure the Ethernet driver for WOL. This is done through the drivers properties. To do this, you need to right-click on the Ethernet controller entry in Device Manager and select Properties. Then, in the Advanced tab, you need to enable support for Wake on Magic Packet and/or Wake on Pattern Match. As well, in the Power Management tab, enable (checkmark) Allow this device to wake the computer and, if you wish, enable Only allow a magic packet to wake the computer.
  3. Next, you need to enable support for WOL in the BIOS. To do so, in the Power settings, disable Deep S4/S5 support. If you want to wake from hibernation, you also need to set the Wake on LAN from S4/S5 parameter to Power On - Normal Boot.

That should be it. Let us know what happens...

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

But, the support engineer would tell him it is discontinued.  I am on a campaign to avoid negativity for the month of August<G>

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Novice

Hi Scott,

thank you for the detailed post, I will try it and get back to you with feedback.

0 Kudos