Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

How to disable blinking while in standby on DX79SR?

Jump to solution

Is there some way, e.g. a BIOS option, to turn off the LED blinking during ACPI sleep with DX79SR? Obviously, I could simply disconnect the cable from the "Power/Sleep LED" header on the board, but I'd prefer to keep it connected because it's fine for the LED to glow while the machine is on, it's just the (rather high frequency) blinking/flashing when it's off asleep that is annoying.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

I can only verify this works under a series 6 motherboard. Go into the BIOS, look under Power Settings, System Power Options. There is a setting called "S3 State Indicator". Set it to off. That should do what you want.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

I can only verify this works under a series 6 motherboard. Go into the BIOS, look under Power Settings, System Power Options. There is a setting called "S3 State Indicator". Set it to off. That should do what you want.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks Brad, this indeed does exactly what I wanted so I'm perfectly happy now (well, except for the part where I feel stupid for totally failing to find this very reasonably named option myself somehow :-)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Alternative option is to replace the 1 color led with a two color led, but that would be a hardware modification as most cases ship with a 1 color power led. It is not to difficult to replace the power led however.

I also found the blinking annoying. In other systems the led goes gently on/off when the system is in sleep mode. I cannot image that creating such a circuit would be difficult for Intel..

0 Kudos