cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

How to enable Enhanced Intel SpeedStep?

Hi,

My desktop has an Intel DB75EN motherboard fitted with an Intel i5-3470 CPU. Please let me know what are the settings that I need to change in my motherboard's BIOS so as to enable my motherboard take advantage of Enhanced Intel SpeedStep that comes with my CPU? I am using Windows 7 OS. So would like to further know what power management settings I need to have in my OS to get Enhanced Intel SpeedStep to work.

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor III

In BIOS option needed usually named 'EIST' or 'Enhanced SpeedStep Technology', look for in in Advanced - CPU or Power menus.

In OS install Intel Chipset Software and go to Control Panel - Power Options. Select Balanced plan, that's all that need. If interested more, go to 'Change plan settings' - 'Change advanced plan settings', click 'Change settings that unavailable' and go to 'Processor power management' part - here you can change performance level (in percentage) on different modes and manage advanced power saving options.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor II

You don't need to do anything at all. As the EIST comes enabled by default in the BIOS itself.

0 Kudos