cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMitr3
Beginner

How to enable Enhanced Intel SpeedStep?

Hi,

My desktop has an Intel DB75EN motherboard fitted with an Intel i5-3470 CPU. Please let me know what are the settings that I need to change in my motherboard's BIOS so as to enable my motherboard take advantage of Enhanced Intel SpeedStep that comes with my CPU? I am using Windows 7 OS. So would like to further know what power management settings I need to have in my OS to get Enhanced Intel SpeedStep to work.

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AP16
Valued Contributor III

In BIOS option needed usually named 'EIST' or 'Enhanced SpeedStep Technology', look for in in Advanced - CPU or Power menus.

In OS install Intel Chipset Software and go to Control Panel - Power Options. Select Balanced plan, that's all that need. If interested more, go to 'Change plan settings' - 'Change advanced plan settings', click 'Change settings that unavailable' and go to 'Processor power management' part - here you can change performance level (in percentage) on different modes and manage advanced power saving options.
ZAgha
New Contributor II

You don't need to do anything at all. As the EIST comes enabled by default in the BIOS itself.