Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAzou
Beginner

How to enable VT-d on Intel DX79TO BIOS?

I'm running an E5-2670v1 on an Intel DX79TO motherboard with the latest BIOS version (0650).

I cannot find how to enable VT-d in the BIOS. I did find and enabled VT but VT-d (IOMMU) is nowhere to be found in the BIOS pages.

Both the CPU and motherboard support VT-d as per Intel website.

Any idea?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

A (separate) BIOS option to enable VT-d, if supported, would be right below the option to enable VT. Have you verified in the runtime environment that VT-d is not being enabled?

...S

RAzou
Beginner

Yes I was looking for that separate BIOS option to enable VT-d. I do see the one to enable VT. But can't see the one for VT-d although both CPU and motherboard support it as per Intel documentation.

I'm also running what seems to be the latest BIOS version (unless I'm mistaking?).

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Latest BIOS *is* 650, available here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/23825/BIOS-Update-SIX7910J-86A-?product=55800 Download BIOS Update [SIX7910J.86A].

What I meant was, have you checked in the runtime environment to see whether VT-d is automatically being enabled when you enable VT? They may have decided to just not support this as being enabled separately.

...S

RAzou
Beginner

I didn't. But I'm pretty sure I identified the issue based on my research.

My CPU is the E5-2670v1 SROH8 (C1 stepping). From the info I found, there was a bug with VT-d on that CPU that made it unusable. That was only fixed on the SR0KX version (C2 stepping).

Issue is with the CPU not the motherboard or BIOS.

Thanks for your help Scott!