Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

How to enter Serial and Board version Number correctly to check warranty?

My board is DG41TY and I want to check the warranty but when I enter the serial and board version number I always get error.

Can anybody help me how to enter this info perfectly. ar

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Community Manager

The warranty check page has links for where to find the numbers and format for your board. It's a lot easier if you still have the box the motherboard came in. Either way, the stocking id/part number is in the form of XXXXXX-XXX and the serial number will be 12 characters long.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/warranty/statuscheck Check warranty for an Intel product

make sure you check the button for board and not processor.

idata
Community Manager

I have the serial no and the part no. printed on the board and as you told I had done it but I found that I am doing some mistake. The serial no. is 12 digits which I entered in the first than I am confused with the part no. I know its AA-******-205 (*=Some numbers and alphabets). How to enter this number? I have tried and enter the whole AA numbers ( - ) and even tried enter only number without space Eg. ******** (* = STOCK/ PART No.). But I was not getting my info about warranty.

Sorry for bad English. But if you understand what I am trying to say if not than I have to email to Intel and find out if my motherboard is in warranty. 

idata
Community Manager

for the part number it will be a capital letter followed by 5 numbers, a dash, and then 3 more numbers. Do not put in AA. The system also appears to be case senstive, put all letters in upper case. Also the system isn't working right now, I just tried checking some of my boards that were recognized in the system earlier, now the system says it's down. And then I tried again and it said I reached the maximum number of requests allowed. Why they would limit a check on warranty status seems odd.

idata
Community Manager

The Intel site most of the time don't show warranty of the board I also agree with you. Some months back I was also facing similar problem and now.

Thank You Brad atleast for taking time to reply.