Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

How to get RAID Driver to Install in Windows 8 RTM Setup on DH67CL Board?

Got a new system in built with a DH67CL board and 2 Seagate SATA2 drives, and want to configure them in a RAID1... went into the option ROM, set up the mirror; booted Windows 8 RTM DVD, it prompts me for the driver... tried a USB stick, and a CD, with the "STOR_Win7_8_11.6.0.1030_f6flpy-x64" file set on them, and Windows 8 seems to find the driver, but refuses to install it saying it doesn't match my storage hardware... what gives?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
VDerk
New Contributor III

Did you try to install Windows 8 with the default Intel driver that ships with Windows 8? It worked for my DZ68BC board. I upgraded to the 11.6 driver afterwards.

Note: STOR_Win7_8_11.6.0.1030_f6flpy-x64 is for Windows 8 x64. I assume that not installing the 32 bit version of Windows.

idata
Community Manager

You can't get past the first screen after hitting install now without puttig in a driver... and yes, 64 bit OS, and 64-bit driver.

I updated the BIOS, to no avail. This really is screwed up.

idata
Community Manager

Oh, and to be more accurate, the error is, after I select the driver, and hit next, is "No new drivers found for your hardware."... though it FOUND the driver from the INF file.

VDerk
New Contributor III

you could try the 11.2 driver to see if that would allow you to install windows and then upgrade to 11.6

Did you select the uefi option in the BIOS? could try to toggle this option.

idata
Community Manager

No dice, tried both. Just tried deleting the RAID mirror, and set the controller mode back to AHCI, still fails. Pathetic. I guess I'll try Windows 7 now.

idata
Community Manager

Windows 7 Pro installs fine, same driver.... I suspect the driver is not ready for Windows 8, or Windows 8 just stinks, probably just saved me a lot of aggravation

VDerk
New Contributor III

Weird, didn't have any problems with Win8 (dev, preview or RTM version)

You can upgrade to win8 from within win7 (running setup.exe). That is a different install path than booting from CD.

idata
Community Manager

I am having the same issue. I cannot install the F6 driver when loading Windows 8. I looked at the INF and I see information for Windows 8...

Intel's controller with RAID is KILLING my boot times. I have a feeling it may be related to this driver issue...