cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GGG00
Beginner

How to overclock dp43bf main board

DP43BF motherboard+CPU-X3360+8G memory+RTX2060

I want to use this motherboard to overclock CPU, how to set in BIOS. Motherboard bios-0088

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Are you serious?

Also, your processor is not supported on that board:

http://processormatch.intel.com/Processors/CompatibleProcessors?componentName=DP43BF

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Actually, I think the tables are wrong in this case. The board's TPS says X3000 series Xeon processors, as well as Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad processors, are supported, but the tables don't list any of these as supported (and should). Regardless, this hardware is so old that, even with overclocking, a modern Atom processor is likely going to kick its a$$. As far as this endeavor is concerned, I don't do or believe in overclocking so I cannot provide any insights into how to use the BIOS parameters for this and I do not believe that XTU supports processors this old.

...S

GGG00
Beginner

Hello there I found the overclocking option in the motherboard BIOS, but I can only overclock slightly. Through inquiry, I found that someone overclocked this CPU to 3.5GHZ for normal use. But I can only overclock to 2.9GHZ. Although this CPU is very old, it is not used by me, it is for children. Its performance is sufficient for children.
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

How much you can overclock is going to vary from one processor to another. Regardless, this system is 9+ years old and on its last legs. If it is really going to to be used by children, why are you jeopardizing its continued existence trying to overclock it?

...S

GGG00
Beginner

I already use it, but I can only overclock it a bit.

GGG00
Beginner

Squeezing its extreme performance, it is still possible to play some games with it.