Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KPurt1
Beginner

How to overwrite wrong drivers with correct set?

I'm trying to overwrite drivers not intended for my PC with the correct ones. So, I downloaded INF_AllOS_8.3.1.1009_PV_Intel.exe from Intel and read the docs. I've run it twice using different command line configurations. The result is that there are only four replaced .pnf files in Windows/inf (no other known changes), and I still have problems in the Device Manager (can't re-install Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller for example). Specs at bottom of this post.

Assuming I incorrectly ran the Intel installer, my questions:

1-What's the difference between using INF_AllOS_8.3.1.1009_PV_Intel.exe to install drivers vs infinst_autol.exe?

2-Why did running INF_AllOS_8.3.1.1009_PV_Intel.exe not upack infinst_autol.exe? (The command lines were C:\>INF_AllOS_8.3.1.1009_PV_Intel.exe -overall -overide -L 0409 -S and then C:\>INF_AllOS_8.3.1.1009_PV_Intel.exe -A -L 0409 -S)

Mobo D865GBF

RAM 4 GB

Bios BF86510A.86A.0077.P25.0508040031

OS Win XP Pro SP3

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Please bear in mind that this product has reached its End of Interactive Support so Intel no longer provides interactive support for this product via telephone, chat or e-mail.

Installing one or the other should not make a difference. As a matter of fact infinst_autol.exe has support for the Intel(R) 800 chipset based systems. Furthermore, this is just a utility that loads inf files for the operating system to properly name the hardware in the system, so its not a driver itself.