Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EDiaz5
Beginner

How to reset DQ67SW Audio to overcome problem with Radeon 6670 Sound Card

Hello, my name is Ed and I'm having a helluva time with the Radeon 6670 graphics card. I love the video but the sound is killing me. The audio driver seems to overtake everything to do with audio but there is no sound from anything. Here is my system info. My question: Can I reset motherboard audio to original settings? I want to keep Radeon Video but not audio. Thanks for any help you can provide. ed

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

In order to reset sound configuration, just need to remove and reinstall the audio drivers from Windows® Control panel.

If you need the audio drivers for Windows® 7 64 bit go here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24002/Audio-Realtek-ALC-Audio-Driver-for-Windows-7- Download Audio: Realtek ALC Audio Driver for Windows 7*

Allan.

EDiaz5
Beginner

Thanks for the reply Allan. I have downloaded and or re-installed the AMD drivers about 10 times to no avail. The biggest problem is that Manage Audio Devices does not open in Control Panel. Nor does Realtek Audio Manger open Playback Devices when right clicking the Volume icon in System Tray. Nothing. No sound from any device.

I am at wits end and would like to do the following.

1. I like the Radeon 6670 Video and want to keep it.

2. The Radeon 6670 Audio drivers are causing all the problems with the onboard sound and do not want to use it.

3. I want to buy a sound card (something like SoundBlaster) and get my sound to work.

Will this work? Thanks for any help you can provide. ed

Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

You could access the BIOS and disable on board sound once you install the new sound card. That way it will not interfere with the new card.

Allan.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

littlefish,

Are you sure that your problem isn't simply that the wrong device is selected as default in the mixer? Right-click on the Sound (Speakers) icon in the system tray and then select Playback Devices. Then, whichever output you really want to be the default, click on it (to highlight) and then click on the Set Default button. You can use this dialog also test the output streams. Right-click on an output and select Test.

Hope this helps,

...S