Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

How to test if an intel motherboard is failing? computer freezes, halts, and data is sluggish. Software tested and not the problem.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

What model board? The symptoms your are describing are signs of memory, processor, disk drive, driver, or poor system management issues.

What operating system? Windows 10? What version? 1909?

What processor model number?

What failure codes?

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you very much for your reply,

The board is MB-IN DH67BL,

Windows Embedded standard

Intel core i7-2600 CPU @3.40GHz , 64-bit operating system.

I purchased the whole system from Openeye USA as a cctv server 6 years ago. It worked very well initially but then last year I started to notice the freezing and lag. I contacted the company and they confirmed that the software is not the issue.

There are no failure codes.

Regards

Mitri Saba

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Well, I would start by looking at motherboard, memory, processor, and disk drives, Unfortunately, there is no tool to test all working together.

Look in the system event log to see if there is some sort of pattern. I would even try replacing the power supply.

However, if you can confirm that all of these items are good, it would serve you well to install Windows 10. However, I am not sure you could upgrade to W10 - probably not.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you for your help.

How can I test the motherboard? Is there s software for this?

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Not that I am aware of.

You can try memtest: https://forums.intel.com/s/contentdocument/0690P0000056QOXQA2

and you can try IPDT: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005567/processors.html

If you have a spare power supply, I would try swapping them.

I would suggest updating your BIOS, but that is a touchy subject now.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you again

What if I want to replace the motherboard and the CPU with something more powerful? What do you recommend that will work with windows embedded, seamlessly and with no fuss?

Regards

Mitri

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

I do not recommend anything that will work with windows embedded.

You should be looking at Windows 10, and you should be looking at a system that is supported.

Doc

0 Kudos