Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

I AM LOOKNG FOR DRIVERS FOR DQ77CP MOTHERBOARD. FOR WINDOWS XP 32/64 AND/OR WINDOWS 7 32/64, IF ANYONE CAN HELP

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

Neither OS is supported. If any drivers are available, you are on your own to find them.

Doc

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

THAT'S A COMPLETELY POINTLESS RESPONSE TO POST. OBVIOUSLY I KNOW THEY ARE NO LONGER SUPPORTED, BUT THEY WERE PREVIOUSLY, WHICH IS WHY I POSTED THE REQUEST FOR HELP WITH FINDING THEM HERE, AS SOMEONE MAY HAVE A COPY OF THEM!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Do not be afraid to release the CAPS LOCK.

And, what driver(s) are you looking for? There are many. Be specific. And, you can forget XP 64-bit.

Also, drop the attitude.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi I got the same response not long ago from Mr Hill and his attitude is not helpful.

As the Intel site has seen fit to ignore its customers and stopped doing its duty, instead of just moving support for old tec like most other motherboard manufacturers they can't even give a link to the wayback machine.

I found the last bios for my DQ77MK board and it worked ok, I think that the two boards use the same bios.

I would have shouted at him too if I could be bothered !!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Did you read the announcement in the desktop boards forum?

Also, the OP was not asking about the bios. Read his post again.

You provide the name of a driver you need for a specific OS, and someone may respond. Asking for all drivers for FOUR obsolete operating systems is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Yes I read the stupid announcement in Intel site also, and the guy wanted help not to be told he was wasting his time asking the only people able to help.

Obsolete for Intel obviously, and windows will supply most of the drivers anyway, 7,8, & 10 or the manufacturer of most of the hardware.

The Bios is the one most people need and unfortunately Intel don't use Award or Ami bios.

This part of the forum is dedicated to (Obsolete) desktop boards, and aren't forums there to help people.

I'm here for help with NVMe drive as I bought mine to use as a system drive, but the bios isn't recognising it in startup.

Windows 10 does and loads the system, but when it restarts it can't find it so goes back to the startup on disk.

Intel had a way to load the widows 10 system and drivers, but that link is also lost in the ether, or is it in the waste basket on some system somewhere.

Perhaps i'm asking for some help too 😕

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Windows 10 has support for NVME, but your old motherboard does not.

You may want to read this thread:

https://forums.intel.com/s/feed/0D50P00004JSpGiSAL

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Oh bye the way my board is the DQ77MK (obsolete) with an Intel i5 2500K CPU (also obsolete) running at 3.3Ghz with 4Gb of DDR3 Memory (also obsolete), running Ubunto 18.04 (up to date) on a 128 Gb Sandisk mSata drive (also obsolete), but trying to run Windows 10 Pro latest update on a NVMe PNY XLR8 CS3030 M2 SSD (both up to date with the latest drivers) with a GeForce GTX 1650/PCIe GPU (also up to date)

All running a 4k Sony TV (also up to date) all in a small case that fits nicely under the TV with BT Box.

The board runs Kodi and LibreOffice, plus the internet, and lots of films on a server.

The server is an Intel (now possibly obsolete) but the two AMD computers in the loft with the servers are both latest Ryzen 7 with DDR4 with NVMe M2 drives.

I'm now 72 and possibly obsolete too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Good for you.

Doc

0 Kudos