I am getting "Sorry, something went wrong while trying to scan." with intel DSA. I have uninstalled it.. reinstalled, no luck.
I noticed in the Chrome developer tools, there is a 500 server error coming back from: Request URL: http://127.0.0.1:28385/intel/v1.0/detect/getproductsanddownloads?language=en&country=us&jsver=20.2.9...
I am using McAfee endpoint protection from Optimum Internet.
Clear your browser cache.
Also, are you blocking any ports? What firewall are you using?
What version of Windows 10? 1909?
What is the model number of your laptop or desktop?
What is your processor model number?
Cache has been cleared. I am using the firewall included in McAfee's endpoint protection. It is Windows 1909, 64-bit.
The system is a Desktop- Powerspec G426: http://www.powerspec.com/systems/system_specs.phtml?selection=G426 This is based on an Asrock Z170 Fatality K6 Gaming system board: https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty%20Z170%20Gaming%20K6/ It is equipped with an Intel i7 6700k CPU,
Also- not blocking any ports explicitly, but given McAfee is (or was, until recently, an Intel solution, I figure they would have that sorted.
Also- Thank you. ;-)
This is what the failed Get transaction looks like in the Chrome Debug tools:
I have turned off the firewall... same results. I have also checked connections to those sites, no problem with the connection, though https://downloadmirror.intel.com/ seems to produce a 403 for directory browsing.
The Chrome deve debug shows no connection problems to localhost... only the 500 error returned, as described above.
Have you used IDSA previously, or is this the first time?
Use the uninstaller, then reboot:
Also, are you using W10, version 1909?
Do you have a different browser you can try? Edge or Firefox?
And, not passing the buck, but IDSA is not intended for anything but Intel board products.
Thanks. I have used it for years without any issues on this system. It stopped working a month or two ago.
I have previously tried the uninstall tool, reboot, and reinstall... I have also previously done the manual uninstall, reboot, uninstall tool, reboot, re-install. Same issue. In the hopes the uninstall tool or IDSA was updated, I did it again with fresh downloads as you suggested, I just came back from the reboot, same issue. Also tried with Firefox. (clean problem no extensions). Same error.
I run McAfee LiveSafe on all of my PCs and across all of the NUCs I have under test. I have never had it cause any issues for iDSA.