Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FRaci1
Beginner

I am implementing Wake on Lan technology. Actually, I have P8Q77 and I am a little lost with this one.

I enabled PCI-E event is it enough from the BIOS part? With Q87, I had no issue at all but Q77 seems to be a little harder. The Windows NIC driver is a little older than on Q87 but it is an Intel Driver and the Windows power management is configure on both.

Any idea if Q77 has Something specific?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

No, there are no differences from the Q87. Make sure that support for WOL is enabled in the Windows driver configuration and in the BIOS (where there may be separate configuration parameters for S3, S4 and S5).

...S

FRaci1
Beginner

Do you mean other parameters than enabling PCI-E event may not be enough for the BIOS part? In Windows, the NIC power management is fully enable, in the NIC driver l'option with Magic packet too. Would I need to set Something else in the NIC driver?

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Well, I don't have this particular board, so I cannot speak in specifics, but most boards have some sort of NIC-specific WOL parameter(s) and related power settings (WOL from S4/S5, etc.). Sounds like you have the driver parameters set, however.

...S