Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

I am in need of a Desktop Board E210882 LGA775. Does anyone have a suggestion where I could purchase one?

I am in need of a Desktop Board E210882 LGA775. Does anyone have a suggestion where I could purchase one?

0 Kudos
22 Replies
AlHill
Super User

That number is a marking on the board, and does not identify the board model number.

Use this information to identify your board: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005624.html Find Support by Board AA Number for Intel® Desktop Boards

Also, socket LGA775 is an "old" socket, and many boards (Intel and other) were made using that socket.

Doc

idata
Community Manager

Hi Doc

The model number is D89517

AlHill
Super User

idata
Community Manager

Hi Doc,

I did see that in the table.Thank you.for your help

Do you know if other newer Intel boards could replace it?

AlHill
Super User

If you find a newer board that supports socket LGA775, then maybe. I guess it is a question of matching the form factor of the board, or any specifics of the board. If you are just trying to salvage a processor, I would not waste the time.

Is there a specific reason for wanting that board, or equivalent?

Doc

AlHill
Super User

You may want to try this site to look for a new motherboard that supports LGA775: http://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-lga775.html?site=glo&SearchText=lga775&shipCountry=au&CatId=70... Shop lga775 online - Buy lga775 for unbeatable low prices on AliExpress.com

Also, pay attention to the form factor.

That link is provided for your information. Any usage of those products is at your risk.

Doc

idata
Community Manager

I found this on Ebay

Intel DG33TL Motherboard w/ Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.60GHz â"'I/O Shield WITH HEATSINK: $57.00

Yes, as I have a computer which is faster than the one I am currently using, and fried the motherboard. I can't afford a new computer, so thought of replacing the board

AlHill
Super User

I must tell you that I am always skeptical of such products on that auction site. Remember, that board is 9 years old. Things start to fail for products of that age.

Now, that being said, I have purchased old boards for a specific purpose before, and crossed my fingers. I have been lucky. Perhaps you will be as well.

Make certain the seller will refund you. And, remember you have buyer protection from that auction site (although it may take a month or more to resolve the issue).

Good luck.

Doc

idata
Community Manager

Thank you for the suggestion at Ali Express

I will look tomorrow, as it is 3am, and need some sleep.

One=ce again, thank you for your help.

idata
Community Manager

AlHill
Super User

Report back on your results. Also, if you do use a non-intel board, make sure you match the form factor and other needed features of the board.

Doc

idata
Community Manager

Ok, I will do.

It pretty much has to be a Intel board, as the power supply is for a Intel board. (It is 400 watts)

Gary

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

There is absolutely nothing about this board or your power supply that specifically tie the two to each other. This PSU can be used with motherboards from other vendors (and vice versa). If you are essentially trying to find a new home for your processor (and memory), a LGA775-socketed board from any vendor should suffice as well - and might allow you to avoid the crap you see on eBay.

That said, let me echo Doc's comments. This board, processor and memory are all absolutely ancient, well beyond the MTBF for each and every component. From a performance standpoint, even the low-end latest-gen Atom processors will outperform your old processor.

Hope this helps,

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hello, All:

Thank you for your help.

repairman1946, keep us posted.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

I was trying to purchase a board with a cpu. My computer tech has given me a board and power supply, so I can check as to what I actually need.

idata
Community Manager

That is good to hear!.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Amy, and Doc

I have purchased a Desktop Board: Intel E210882 Socket LGA775 Model# DG33TL, from Lake Michigan Computers, in STEVENSVILLE Mi

Thank you all for your help

idata
Community Manager

repairman1946, thank you for coming back.

Those are great news, hope you can enjoy your new motherboard.

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

Hi Amy

I will.

Gary

idata
Community Manager

Hi Doc,

That model number D89517 has a Intel Desktop Board DG33TL number

Do you know if other newre Intel boards could replace it?

Gary