Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TMeac1
Beginner

I am receiving daily notifications about 3 updates. These will not install. when I try I get a message checking file integrity for about 5 mins. Then the display reverts to the initial display. I am in a loop. i

Updates are Wireless bluetooth, Dual band wireless and Rapid storage tech user i/f and driver for 7/8th generation platform.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Yes, seeing this too. After they run once, reboot before running IDSA again. This seemed to resolve it for me.

...S

TMeac1
Beginner

Thanks Scott. I tried this but it did not work. The problem seems to be a quirk of my Dell as my HP laptop had no problem updating. Also, as a new-comer, I am having difficulty  locating my original post! Tony
n_scott_pearson

@Monique with Intel​ will likely want to see the log file from IDSA, so attaching it to a response message will help.

​Y​ea, the site is difficult to work with. The search capability absolutely sucks. It needs to be completely trashed and a better hosting service utilized.

...S

Monique_Intel

@TMeac1​ I am the IDSA Project Manager. Please zip and attach all the IDSA files found in C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA to this thread so that I can have the developers look into this issue. Thanks!

Monique with Intel Corporation

TMeac1
Beginner

Monique, thanks. The strange thing is that I do not have a Program Data folder visible. However I have the DSA data from the your Driver support program. It's an html file.But search did not find it. However Search did find this rar file, I hope it's correct, the date looks good.

Monique_Intel

@TMeac1​ The Program Data folder is hidden, so you would need to go into File Explorer, choose View Menu, then check the box to 'show hidden items'. I wanted to confirm if IDSA is sending the notification updates daily? I ask because the original screenshot you posted in the thread looks like Windows or something that isn't IDSA. Can you confirm that the daily notification updates you keep getting are from IDSA or Windows? If it's truly IDSA that is continually notifying you, we'd like to review your IDSA log files to see if we can root cause the issue. If it's Windows or your system manufacturer, you may need to go to their site for the most updated drivers as IDSA only offers Intel generic drivers (not OEM customized drivers). I've also sent you a DM so you can send your log files directly to me instead of posting here.

Thanks,

Monique with Intel Corporation

TMeac1
Beginner

Hi again Monique. I have zipped all the files in the DSA folder. It's attached.

Tony

TMeac1
Beginner

But I don't think it's the correct one as the size is incorrect. It's shown as 19 kb but the one I have just made is 144 kb, it's also the wrong date

I find the Search not very good. Can you suggest a directory where I should put the file so it can be found. I have copies in Program data and Intel under Program Data and in Documents and it is still not found. This very frustrating.

Tony

Monique_Intel

@TMeac1​  You can change the folder where the log files are saved within the IDSA settings (choose 'Settings' from the IDSA tray icon and click the blue folder on the right hand side of the Log File Directory section).

n_scott_pearson

Use the paperclip icon to first upload and then attach file to response message​. Use a unique name for ZIP file when uploading.

...S

TMeac1
Beginner

Sorry, but where or what is the IDSA tray Icon.

Monique_Intel

@TMeac1​  It's the icon for the Intel Driver & Support Assistant located in the tray at the bottom of your screen. This is one of the main ways to initiate the IDSA scan (I added a screen shot of what it looks like). Can you confirm that the "notifications" you are inquiring about are coming from IDSA or some other non-Intel program please?

Thank you! Monique with Intel

TMeac1
Beginner

Thanks Scott. I have created DSA nov 2019.zip, but search cannot find it!

TMeac1
Beginner

Thanks Monique, found it, it is in the Hidden Icons. It gives the log files as in C:\programData\Intel\DSA.That is where I have saved DAS nov 2019.zip, but the attach search cannot find it.

Monique_Intel

@TMeac1​  I just tried zipping my IDSA log files then navigating to the folder location via the Attach button here in Communities...it worked for me. Attached screen shots of steps (sorry quality isn't super clear though). Hopefully you can locate your zip file this way. If not, perhaps move it to your Downloads folder and try navigating there to attach. Thanks, Monique with Intel

TMeac1
Beginner

At last, got it, earlier I was confuse by phrase "Tray Icon". I call the area at the r.h.s of the Task Bar the Noticifation Area.I also changed the name.

Monique_Intel

@TMeac1​  Thank you. I have passed these new log files on to our developers to investigate. They are pretty busy so please be patient and once I have a reply from them, I'll post back. You never did confirm if the 'notification' were from IDSA or some other application...that original screenshot you posted is not from our IDSA application. Thanks, Monique with Intel

TMeac1
Beginner

Monique, sorry about not dealing with the notification message earlier. I was concentrating on sending the data. To recap, each time Itry to update the message appears. I have now attached the log file mentioned in the Notification (Windows\logs\dism). I hope this will help.

Monique_Intel

@TMeac1​  Question about the driver updates...did they ever finish running? If so was there any result, an error? Also, are you using a virtual machine? Have any browser plug-ins (ad blocking or script blocking) or security or anti-virus software installed (if yes, what)?

Thanks,

Monique with Intel

TMeac1
Beginner

The driver updates never start. When I click on 'Install All' the system file integrity scan windows/logs/dism runs and then returns me back to the inital IDSA. screen. I am using Windows 10. Firefox has an ad blocker but I have just tried using Chrome with no change. My A-V is Norton.

Tony