Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JByrn3
Beginner

I am trying to update my bios via flash drive

because I have a "legacy Bios" and the file I downloaded is for a 32 bit OS I need a 64 bit OS if someone could tell me the driver i need that would be great.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

What are we talking about? Which Intel Desktop board? With what processor? Which BIOS updates?

...S

JByrn3
Beginner

my processor is a Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge Quad-Core 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W BX80623I52400 Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000

and the mother board is a Intel BOXDH67BLB3 LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard. I was trying to add RAM to it and its failing to read it so I wanted make sure I have the most up to date bios driver. I cannot do the normal bios update because the board has Legacy Bios and the only iflash driver I found said it was for 32-bit OS and I have a 64-bit.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

OMG, what a cop-out! First of all, the board is not limited to Legacy Boot; it has a full UEFI core and supports UEFI boot as well. Secondly, iFlash is for the DOS environment, not Windows. Thirdly, 32-bit applications (like the Express BIOS Update (EBU) executables) run just fine on 64-bit Windows - but we're not going to use EBU executables for this process regardless.

To make this as easy as possible for you to take the steps necessary to complete this upgrade, please respond with the version number for the BIOS that you currently have installed. A BIOS version string will look something like this: "BLH6710H.86A.0156.2012.0615.1908". The first portion - "BLH6710H.86A" - indicates that this is the standard BIOS for the Bearup Lake H67 boards and its derivatives. The next portion - "0156" - indicates the version of the BIOS (in this case, version 156). Finally, the remaining portion - "2012.0615.1908" - indicates when the BIOS was built (in this case, BIOS 156 was built on June 15th, 2012 at 19:08 (7:08 pm)). I only need to know what the version of the BIOS is, but you can include the whole string if you wish.

...S

P.S. If you want to bone up on the process ahead of my response, you should look at these documents:

(this last might seem unnecessary, but this is essentially what you will be doing (whether you need to or not) as you go through this upgrade process)