Intel® Desktop Boards
Peer-to-peer support only
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
11358 Discussions

I can’t find a bios for intel desktop board DH67BL

TheSlicer
Beginner
Hi, I am having trouble with my board. I was building a computer for my cousin and i ran into a problem. I was planning to use a rx 460 with this board and a i5 but when i put the rx 460 in the pci-e x16 slot it doesn’t post, but when i use a different and older graphics card it posts. So i am thinking that the bios is to old and i need a new one but intel removed the bios updates on there web site. My bios version is 125.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

BL0163 is attached, but do not count on it correcting the graphics problem.

Doc (not an Intel employee or contractor)

TheSlicer
Beginner
Can i just update the bios like that or do i need to update the bios version by version?
TheSlicer
Beginner
Like i said my bios version is 125 and after that there is 132,160,161,162 something like that?
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

You are correct; you cannot just install the latest BIOS release; there are specific versions that you need to install separately. Looking at the release notes, you need to install BIOS versions 132, 151, 155, 156, 159, 162 (if 3rd gen processor) and finally 163.

If you are running on BIOS 125, you are using a 2nd gen Core processor (or equiv.). If your desire is to upgrade to a 3rd gen Core processor, you should do so after installing BIOS 132.

Ok, after hitting the WayBack machine, all that is available is BIOS 132 and BIOS 167. I am attaching a ZIP file providing the files necessary. You should install BIOS 132, change your processor if you are going to and then install BIOS 163. To install BIOS you should use the jumper-based BIOS recovery process, which is documented here: Intel Desktop Boards BIOS Recovery Instructions.

My recommendations are as follows:

1. Use a fairly small USB 2.0 flash drive. Do not use any USB 3.0 flash drives.
  2. On another Windows-based PC, reformat the USB flash drive for the FAT32 file system with the Quick Format option disabled.
  3. Proceed with the instruction is the document.

Hope this helps,

...S

Stephenellis2000
Beginner
Hello ... Thanks for your information... Any idea as to where I can get hold of the legacy bios's ? So I can upgrade incrementally .. only they are no longer available on the downloads page ... I really need these as I need to upgrade to 3rd gen i7 .. thanks steve
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The ZIP file I attached in my last message contained what versions I have. 

Sorry,

...S