cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sde00
Beginner

I have DB75EN Mother Board

this are causing several day after day.

1. mother board attached lan port sometime works sometime shows red crossed sign ovel lan logo on task bar and net disconnected. So I added an extra lan card.
  2. Speed of the computer was not proper as per expected. I do not know which bit of Windows and Linux installation is right for me. Currently 32 bit is running.
  3. After that I started to realize the RAM issues. Screen redressing is getting late and slow. It is definitely Ram issues started.

I am confused now Where to go how to recover.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Sounds like the motherboard may be going bad, or you have bad memory, or you have a bad power supply.

You can take the typical debugging steps. I would first try different memory. Then, I would try a different power supply.

If that does not work, I would take a trip to the recycle facility.

Doc

sde00
Beginner

What is recycle facility. If you please tell me about that will be helpful.

AlHill
Super User

The "recycle facility" is a worst case scenario. If your board is bad/failed/broken, that is the proper way to dispose of it.

Then other case is to take the board to a computer repair shop.

Doc

sde00
Beginner

Is there any way to detect the part(chip) of the mother board where the exact issue generating?

AlHill
Super User

We do not know, at this point, that there is any malfunction.

Try different memory, and a different power supply to see if either of those are causing a problem.

Doc

SKwan2
Beginner

Well, you can try un-install on board LAN driver, and then re-boot, it will re-install the driver itself , or you may need install the driver manually. I belive the driver files are corrupted in some point.

On the other hand, it could be a sign of your mechanical hard drive start to fail. You can use "Crystal Disk Info" (a free tool) to scan the status for your hard drive, if it prompts you a warning sign, you're better backup your data ASAP before any disaster happened. 

https://crystalmark.info/en/software/crystaldiskinfo/

For testing the system memory, you can try MemTest86 (it has free version) . 

https://www.memtest86.com/

There are many reasons why system running slow. it's hard to said what causes those problems. 

1. Clear all the system cache files & browser cache files.
  2. Update hardware drivers
  3. Check for virus & malware , you can use "Emisoft Emergency Kit" (Freeware) to scan through your system. https://www.emsisoft.com/en/home/emergencykit/
  4. Hardware problem, in most case, a dying hard-drive, or main-board capacitors are failing, need bring it to replace or repair.

Oh, for the screen strange problem, it could be display card has problem. Try un-install driver reboot computer and re-install it. If the problem still exist, it's likely display card has hardware problem, maybe memory chips goes bad. You need replace the display card. If you using onboard display, it maybe system memory goes bad, but it's hard to say.