Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BJack6
Beginner

I have a DP55WB that doesn't like Radeon R9 270's.

During startup when the Windows logo should display I get a blank screen with just a "0_" in the bottom right corner. The PC boots to Windows normally, but I can't access safe mode options because I can't see them. I would like to get this working before Windows 10.

Mother Board: DP55WB latest BIOS

CPU: i5 750

GPU tried: MSI R9 270 (doesn't work)

Gigabyte R9 270X (doesn't work)

Gigabyte GTX 260 (works fine)

There are a couple of similar issues posted around the place; but none showing as resolved or with the same hardware. Right now I am thinking it is probably the graphics card bios that needs updating. I have never updated a graphics card's bios before and am hesitant to try when the PC is still working.

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

You mentioned the board boots to the operating system but you are able to see a "0" in the bottom right corner.

Do you still have problems with the board?

Allan.

BJack6
Beginner

Yes I still have problems. It appears to be an incompatibility between DP55WB and the R9270s. I have since upgraded to Windows 10 and the problems persists.

I have been unable to update the graphics card bios as the tools for doing so are also effected.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

I have two thoughts:

1. If you have been attempting to do this with UEFI disabled, try enabling it. Some of the new video boards do not include a legacy BIOS driver any longer and UEFI boot is necessary.
  2. Some of the new boards require that the motherboard offer specific capabilities to work. For example, some boards require PCIe v3.0, which your board (because of its age) doesn't have.

...Scott

Marvin_L_Intel
Employee

Hello Kazairl,

If the system responds fine when using an specific card but it does not work with other card we can consider that as a compatibility issue, also bear in mind that your motherboard does not support Windows 10 so we cannot guarantee that it will work as expected. You can also follow the suggestions provided by Scott on this same forum, those are good thoughts that definitely can be considered based on your problem but again, if the issue happens with specific hardware that seems to be a compatibility problem.

If you need more help please let us know.

Regards,

marving_intel