Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHerr5
Beginner

I have a problem with my DX58S02

Good morning, I have a problem with my DX58S02, black screen, not beeps, 1. fan go on, 2. tested the PSU is ok. 3. did disconnect the AC power when I took it apart. I stripped the system down to bare case, with only the PSU, HDD, and the disc drive still installed. After I re-assembled everything, and connected all the pins and cables, including the 4-pin on the mother board. I connected AC power and tried to boot the system, but there was no beep and no video, even though the fans are turning, and still don't working.?

2 weeks working without luck.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The chassis itself can possibly be a significant contributor to problems; in future, you should remove the board from the chassis for isolation tests. It's a pain I realize, but...

Have you gone through the troubleshooting processes suggested here: http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-010254.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/cs-010254.htm? Specifically, have you tried resetting the BIOS configuration?

The SO2 board has a 2-character hexadecimal post code display on it. What are you seeing happen on this display when you power on?

...Scott

SHerr5
Beginner

Only give 00 immediately.

Thank you for your answer I appreciated a lot.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Hhmmm, I am racking my brain here. I know I have seen this issue before but it's been so long that I don't remember the possible cause(s) .

You said that you tested the PSU. How? Did you try substituting another PSU and see if the operation stayed the same? If not, try this - and take the board out of the chassis when you do so. If this was being caused by a ground loop, for example - which could occur if the PSU is starting to fail but hasn't completely - taking the board out of the chassis and testing on a grounded surface could yield a difference...

...S