Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

I have changed mother board to dh77eb and using previous hdd with win 7 but not booting

I have changed mother board to dh77eb and using previous hdd with win 7, but its not booting, its booting like "starting with red dot" and restarting again and again, I've tried repair with DVD, but no use, could anyone help me out in this, I don't want to do fresh installation, cause C: is precious to me.. plz help me

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Super User

What was the previous motherboard?

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Old Mother board is Intel DH67CL and changed to DH77EB oem board.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

I would not necessarily expect the Windows 7 drive built on a board with a 67-series chipset to boot on a board with a 77-series chipset.

You would probably have gotten away with this on XP, but Windows 7 is more particular.

Did the drive boot ok on the old board? Why the change to the new board?

Also, have you confirmed that the bios settings are the same on the new as the old?

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

with old MB(dh67cl) I was able to boot perfectly, the reason I changed MB is continuously 3 beeps coming when switching on pc, and there was no display. I consulted Hardware technician, as per suggestion I changed, but didn't think about OS, he told me that it will boot automatically then have to install MB drivers, but now I am unable to boot into OS..

Its showing like this, "starting windows" and behind graphics starting and got stuck then immediately restarting... and same happening...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

Yes, this is the behavior I would expect on the new board. You might try booting into safe mode, but there is no guarantee that will work either.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I tried safe mode too, but no use...:( any suggestions...?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User

I might try removing every device not necessary, and then booting.

However, the proper way is a fresh install of the OS.

Doc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super User Retired Employee

I agree with Al; when you change processor and/or chipset generations, you should - and usually have to - reinstall the O/S (especially when it is Windows 7). What is happening is a BSOD is occurring during the load of Windows and this results in the cycling that you are seeing.

You will have to reinstall Windows 7. If you want to retain most of the content of your C: drive, you can try re-installing Windows 7 as an upgrade.

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

arjunarjun, please let us know if you were able to do the fresh installation of Windows 7. As mentioned before, this may address the restart issue you are encountering.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager

/thread/112229 arjunarjun, were you able to re-install Windows 7?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos