Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMukl
Beginner

I just built up intel desktop DH61SA with RAM 8 GB and core i3 , no boot and three times beep

Dear Admin,

I have just built up intel desktop DH61SA , with 8 GB PC 2800 , 1 TB of HDD, Core i3 processor. No boot and blank on screen. Only three times beep .

I have tried changed memory from 8 GB to 2 GB 1333MHZ still same result. But, it was failure power supply when first switched on due to my voltage stabilizator was broken. and suddenly power supply failed.

What can I do?

Thank you and best regards

Muklis

0 Kudos
8 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

If you are hearing three beeps, there are two possibilities, either (a) an incompatibility between the board, processor and memory being utilized or (b) damage to the board and/or processor (more likely the processor) as a result of the power supply failure.

Looking at the possibility of an incompatibility, what are the full part numbers for the memory that you tried? Are they all spec'ed to run at 1.5V at 1333MHz? It's ok to want a different (higher) voltage when running an XMP profile, but the DIMM *must* run at 1.5V at the default 1333 MHz. As well, the DIMMs used must have x8 organization (x16 organization and low-profile DIMMs are NOT supported).

If you had a power supply failure, there is the possibility of the board and/or processor being damaged as it failed. The memory controllers are in the processor; if they are damaged, the processor is trash and will need to be replaced.

Sorry I didn't have better news,

...S

AMukl
Beginner

Dear Mr. Scott Pearson,

The first installed memory was 8GB Module - DDR3 1600MHz Part Number: KVR16N11/8 Specs: DDR3 , 1600MHz , Non-ECC , CL11 , 1.5V , Unbuffered , DIMM

(Kingston), the processor Intel Core i 3 - 3240, HDD 1 TB, DVD room. As i told before that actually, when first started was unstable regulator of voltage then suddenly PS failed( burned), I was replaced the PS to new one restarted then three beeps no boot is coming.

I was replaced memory from 8 GB PC12800 to 2 GB PC 1333 of Zeppelin. Still beeps three times then shut down by it self later some second. I have tried again to removed all HDD, DVD room and still same case.

How to ensure whether processor or Motherboard failure or could be both of them?

Is possible to do replacement motherboard to new one or the opposite?

Is the 8 GB ram absolutely failure and was it happened to second ram ( 2 GB) one too.

Awaiting for your advice

Thank you very much for your attention, explanation and time

Best Regards

Muklis

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Ah, I missed a compatibility issue!

The BIOS that came on your board may only support 2nd generation processors. You have a 3rd generation processor. If this is the case, you need to upgrade the BIOS - using a 2nd generation processor - to the later BIOS releases that provide support for 3rd generation processors. For more information, consult this page: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000005859.html Updating the BIOS to Support 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors.

If you are in this situation but do not have access to a 2nd generation processor, my suggestion is to replace the board with a 7 Series (H77, Z77, Q77, B75) board that will natively support your 3rd generation processors.

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hello, All:

Muklis, please let us know if the suggestion above worked for you.

Regards,

Amy.

AMukl
Beginner

Dear Admin,

Yes, I have started my Mobo by replacing processor from core i3 to G630 one. And I have already installed OS windows, and now being to download BIOS and would like to update. due to BIOS version is 0028 which is not support for 3rd generation of processor.

Thank you so much for your advice and help.

I am so happy now, due to my new MOBO DH61SA is fine.

Just go to next step to update and replaced the processor with core i3. Hope everything will be fine

Best Regards,

Muklis from Indonesia

AMukl
Beginner

Dear Admin,

I have updated successfully the BIOS from 0028 to 0109 , there was problem when I was updated from 0048 to 0099, it was hang on BIOS logo. The problem solved by :http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/000005630.html Recovery BIOS Update Instructions for Intel® Desktop Boards

Great support from Intel, Now I would like to replaced my G630 processor to Core i3 3240 processor.

By the way, i have other problem with other built up intel desktop core i3, the PSU was overheating, do you have any advice?

Thank you and Best Regards

Muklis

idata
Community Manager

Hello, Muklis:

I am glad to hear that!

Try running it outside of the chassis, and see what happens.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

Hello, Muklis:

Were you able to test it?

Regards,

Amy.