Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BBoot1
Beginner

I'm looking to update Bios from a 2006 Intel motherboard but can't find the download. OEMD975XBGG1. Please advise.

I'm looking to update Bios from a 2006 Intel motherboard but can't find the download. OEMD975XBGG1. Please advise.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

This is not the identifier for a known Intel Desktop Board. There are two possibilities here, (1) this is an custom board that Intel did for a specific OEM customer - in which case you must go through this OEM for BIOS and Driver updates, or (2) you are reading the order code off the box that the board came in, not the board id.

Intel had only two boards based upon the 975X chipset, the D975XBX and the D975XBX2. To see if you have one of these, look on the board itself for a sticker providing the name. Not seeing that, look for a sticker that provides both the board's serial number and the board revision (which will be of form [AA]XNNNNN-NNN, example AAG12345-100). In the latter case, I don't recommend that you include the serial number in your public response (keep it confidential).

Presuming that what you have is a D975XBX board, here is link to its BIOS and Drivers download page: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/22631/Intel-Desktop-Board-D975XBX Drivers & Software

Hope this helps,

...Scott

BBoot1
Beginner

Very helpful. I will check on this tonight. In the meantime, if it is helpful, the motherboard was part of a package in a Gateway desktop. Please let me know if this is of use.

Thanks!

Ben

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Ah, then it is a custom board. Again, for this type of board, you have to go through Gateway for updated BIOS releases; Intel does not post BIOS updates for boards they do for OEMs...

EstebanA_C_Intel
Employee

Hello, Beninlenexa:

Yes, chances are that is the scenario that you have in here.

If not, please do let us know.

In case you get any additional or further inquiries, feel free to contact the Intel Communities again.

Regards,

Esteban C