Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCHO6
Beginner

I`m using DH61WW board and I`m planning to change my graphic card to GTX1060. Can i use it with DH61WW board?

I`m using DH61WW board and I`m planning to change my graphic card to GTX1060. Can i use it with DH61WW board?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Unfortunately, the answer is... Maybe.

Many modern graphics cards have displayed compatibility issues, either at the hardware (PCIe) level or the firmware (BIOS/UEFI) level, when attempting to use them with boards this old. This can result in the system not being able to POST (or boot) at all or the display simply not working until booted into the O/S environment. Unfortunately, there is no consistency to this; some boards work; others don't. The only way to tell is to get a board and try it. Perhaps you can find a store that will allow you to plug one into your system there in the store...

Hope this helps - and sorry I didn't have a better answer,

...S

idata
Community Manager

Hello deamba,

As mentioned before, in this case the only way to tell is to try the card. Old motherboards may show compatibility issues with newer components, that graphics card seems to meet the requirements of the motherboard; however, since it is too new it might nor work. If you decide to give it a try, make sure you are running the latest BIOS version; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/54876/Intel-Desktop-Board-DH61WW Downloads for Intel® Desktop Board DH61WW.

I would also like to let you know that we have a list of compatible devices with the Intel® Desktop Board DH61WW, find it here; http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards/000007439.html Tested Peripherals for Intel® Desktop Board DH61WW.

Regards,

Amy.

idata
Community Manager

/thread/111038 deamba, hope the information posted above helped you.

If you have more questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Amy.