cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
РИбат
Novice

I need DQ77KB BIOS dump

Jump to solution

Hello! I have DQ77KB desktop board. I started to download firmware and computer stopped working. Tries to restore the firmware via USB drive, nothing happened. In the service center said that they do not dump on this motherboard. Now I am looking for a dump bin file.

Please, help me!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
РИбат
Novice

Everything that you are offering does not help, I did everything already several times. From the beginning I tried to recover the BIOS by turning off all peripherals.

As a result, I was able to restore the BIOS, but a very strange way - I used two simultaneous stick.

Everything turned out like this:

The motherboard was only the processor, RAM is one bracket and power supply.

At the rear, where there is only USB3.0 I plugged the stick at the same time two: one USB2.0, USB3.0 second. It was loaded on either the same BIO-file.

And it worked, flash the BIOS!

View solution in original post

11 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Radik,

Just a word of caution: If someone provides you with a binary dump of their BIOS flash, this image will be branded with their board's serial number, etc. and etc. This could cause identity issues for both of you. I would suggest that you try doing a flash recovery from CD. Follow the posted instructions exactly.

...S

РИбат
Novice

You mean the disc I bought together with the motherboard? And what steps follow?

n_scott_pearson

No, I meant download the BIOS package from Download Center and follow the instructions for burning a BIOS recovery CD.

An alternative to try first is to ensure that, for the BIOS recovery process, you are using a USB 2.0 flash stick and that you are inserting it into one of the USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the motherboard. I have seen issues where some USB 3.0 sticks are not 100% compatible with the spec and the BIOS has problems reading them (even in a USB 3.0 ports). I have also seen issues where ports connected to the board's front panel headers (USB 2.0 or USB 3.0) have problems as well. As well, make sure that the BIOS file is in the root of the flash stick and that no other files are present. Let's eliminate all of the variables that we can...

...S

РИбат
Novice

I have tried to put the stick with BIO-file - does not help. In addition to this file on a flash drive was nothing else. The computer did not respond. On the rear panel of the motherboard is no USB2.0, only USB3.0. A connectors located on the board, I do not connect. Drive to disk me there, too, such as unnecessarily was, I think it's the last century. Because I tried to recover the BIOS from a USB drive.

РИбат
Novice

To create a disk for manual requires the ISO image. Among the downloads on my board there is no way, there is only a bio, zip and exe.

n_scott_pearson

Was your USB stick USB 2.0 or USB 3.0. If it was USB 3.0, try using one that is USB 2.0. As well, try using different USB ports on the rear. We're grasping at straws here; none of this may work. As for doing this via CD, the ISO images that Intel used to provide were bootable images that wouldn't work in your case anyway. You likely will need to contact Intel customer support to arrange to have your board replaced...

...S

Miguel_C_Intel1
Employee

Hi Radik ,

Before doing the BIOS update, try to get into the BIOS with the maintenance mode; change the position of the BIOS jumper to pins 2 and 3. If it is possible, reset BIOS settings with F9.

If it is not possible, perform a BIOS recovery; using minimum configuration. I mean using motherboard, processor, 1 memory stick of 1333 or 1600Mhz and USB drive.

Instructions for Recovery BIOS Update

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-023360.htm

Mike C

РИбат
Novice

Everything that you are offering does not help, I did everything already several times. From the beginning I tried to recover the BIOS by turning off all peripherals.

As a result, I was able to restore the BIOS, but a very strange way - I used two simultaneous stick.

Everything turned out like this:

The motherboard was only the processor, RAM is one bracket and power supply.

At the rear, where there is only USB3.0 I plugged the stick at the same time two: one USB2.0, USB3.0 second. It was loaded on either the same BIO-file.

And it worked, flash the BIOS!

View solution in original post

n_scott_pearson

I am glad it worked for you. Your description was a little confusing; are you saying you inserted both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 flash devices and it (then) worked? Did you try just using the USB 3.0 stick?

...S

РИбат
Novice

I inserted both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 flash devices. Yes I did it.