Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBraa
Beginner

I need downloads and a BIOS file for the Intel DH55HC Motherboard, but the downloads are taken out of the database on november 22th.

Jump to solution

I need the 'TCIBX10H.86A.0048.EB.EXE' BIOS file, the 'Realtek* Audio Driver for 5 Series Chipset-Based Desktop Boards' and the 'Intel® PRO Network Connections Driver for 5 Series Chipset-Based Desktop Boards' driver files. Can anyone provide me with these files? Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

First of all, understand that the Express BIOS Update capability for Intel Desktop Boards had a serious bug in it that could result in your board being bricked. Do not use these executables, regardless of the source!

I have attached a ZIP file containing BIOS 48. This is in .BIO form and must be installed using the F7 method. That is, do the following:

1. In a Windows-based PC (not Linux- or MACOS-based!), reformat a USB 2.0 (not USB 3.0!) flash disk, using the FAT32 (and no other!) file system, with the Quick Format option Disabled. Again, only the FAT32 file system. Do not use exFAT or vFAT or any of the other forms. If the format utility does not offer FAT32, this means that the USB flash disk you are attempting to use is too big (get another).
  2. Copy the .BIO file onto this USB flash disk.
  3. Properly eject the USB flash disk from the PC before unplugging it.
  4. Power off the TC/HC Desktop Board.
  5. Insert the USB Flash Disk into one of the black USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the board.
  6. Power on the board.
  7. When the BIOS splash screen appears, press the F7 key over and over until a selection dialog is presented.
  8. Use the dialog to browse to the USB flash disk and select the .BIO file you put there.
  9. The system should reboot itself and begin the installation of the BIOS update. Its progress will be detailed onscreen.
  10. When the update is completed, the system will be rebooted.
  11. When the BIOS splash screen appears, press the F2 key, over and over, until the main scene of the BIOS Setup utility is displayed.
  12. Work your way through the BIOS configuration and verify that all parameters are set as they should be.
  13. Exit from BIOS Setup, saving the BIOS configuration if you made any changes.
  14. Test.

I have versions 7982 and 8192 of the Realtek Audio driver for Windows 7/8.1/10. If you want to try these later versions, let me know and I will post.

Note that, if you install Windows 10 - which you should be doing considering that Windows 7 is being EOLed January 15th - you do not need any of these drivers (they are built into the Windows 10 installation images). Currently, while you cannot upgrade, you can still install Windows 10 from scratch using your Windows 7 license key. How long MS will allow you to do this is anyone's guess, so I suggest you do it now.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DBraa
Beginner

I've found the Realtek 6526 drivers and the Intel PRO Network 16.8 drivers on Softpedia, but I'd appreciate it if someone could send Realtek version 6602 and/or Intel PRO Network 17.1 drivers. I still need the BIOS file.

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

First of all, understand that the Express BIOS Update capability for Intel Desktop Boards had a serious bug in it that could result in your board being bricked. Do not use these executables, regardless of the source!

I have attached a ZIP file containing BIOS 48. This is in .BIO form and must be installed using the F7 method. That is, do the following:

1. In a Windows-based PC (not Linux- or MACOS-based!), reformat a USB 2.0 (not USB 3.0!) flash disk, using the FAT32 (and no other!) file system, with the Quick Format option Disabled. Again, only the FAT32 file system. Do not use exFAT or vFAT or any of the other forms. If the format utility does not offer FAT32, this means that the USB flash disk you are attempting to use is too big (get another).
  2. Copy the .BIO file onto this USB flash disk.
  3. Properly eject the USB flash disk from the PC before unplugging it.
  4. Power off the TC/HC Desktop Board.
  5. Insert the USB Flash Disk into one of the black USB 2.0 ports on the back panel of the board.
  6. Power on the board.
  7. When the BIOS splash screen appears, press the F7 key over and over until a selection dialog is presented.
  8. Use the dialog to browse to the USB flash disk and select the .BIO file you put there.
  9. The system should reboot itself and begin the installation of the BIOS update. Its progress will be detailed onscreen.
  10. When the update is completed, the system will be rebooted.
  11. When the BIOS splash screen appears, press the F2 key, over and over, until the main scene of the BIOS Setup utility is displayed.
  12. Work your way through the BIOS configuration and verify that all parameters are set as they should be.
  13. Exit from BIOS Setup, saving the BIOS configuration if you made any changes.
  14. Test.

I have versions 7982 and 8192 of the Realtek Audio driver for Windows 7/8.1/10. If you want to try these later versions, let me know and I will post.

Note that, if you install Windows 10 - which you should be doing considering that Windows 7 is being EOLed January 15th - you do not need any of these drivers (they are built into the Windows 10 installation images). Currently, while you cannot upgrade, you can still install Windows 10 from scratch using your Windows 7 license key. How long MS will allow you to do this is anyone's guess, so I suggest you do it now.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

DBraa
Beginner

Thanks a lot! I appreciate the detailed instructions. You really helped out my dad and me. Merry christmas!