Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JGome
Beginner

I need the latest BIOS version for DB85FL, on the Intel website doesnt support for downloads BIOS and drivers. Thanks

0 Kudos
10 Replies
AlHill
Super User

As you have seen in the announcement in the desktop boards forum, these files are no longer available.

Unless another member has the file and can post it, you may want to try a site like softpedia.com (being careful what you download).

Also, how do you know you need the "latest", and what the latest is? Just curious.

Doc

JGome
Beginner

The board have version 0127 and exist version 0130

AlHill
Super User

I understand. I am not trying to be confrontational here, but what is available in bios updates after 0127 that you need? Updating the bios may not do anything for you.

And, the latest is 0131. There are only 0131 and 0130 after 0127, and both are not critical for you.

Attached are the release notes on your bios.

Doc

JGome
Beginner

Why not? Always upgrade desktop boards to the latest bios

AlHill
Super User

If you update the boards, fine. Did you just purchase a used 6-year old DB85FL?

Doc

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

The attached ZIP file provides FL0130.BIO. Install using F7 method.

...S

JGome
Beginner

Thanks Scott

Al.Hill, I'm an Intel IPI , we sold a lot of desktop boards Intel and we still support end users

AlHill
Super User

OK, But my question is still valid. There is only one fix in 0130, from 4.5 years ago.

Doc

JGome
Beginner

By custom to update to the latest versions

n_scott_pearson
Super User Retired Employee

Al is trying to ensure that you understand that (a) this update may be unnecessary and (b) there are risks (bricking, etc.) associated with the installation of *any* BIOS update. You need to decide if you value the fixes/updates included enough to accept these risks. I personally always make sure that I have the very latest BIOS installed -- but understand that (a) I am an expert, (b) I can usually recover from anything that goes wrong and (c) if I can't, as a former member of the group, I know where the original BIOS engineers live.

Understand too that, in this particular case, this BIOS update is NOT going to provide you with the microcode update that will protect you from some aspects of the Spectre vulnerability. You (and your customers) will need to rely on the microcode updates built into Windows 10 and the various Linux distros.

...S